Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote:Maybe if it doesn't fit the Hive concept (only basic features, lowest possible CPU) , Urs could consider releasing an expanded, higher priced version, Hive Plus or Hive XT, whatever.
Noooo! The last thing we want to do is release another subtractive synth - I think with the upcoming improvements to Zebra and one day a fully modular synth, there's not much space in our portfolio - we might need to look into other things :oops:

However, I think that formant filters would be very nice for Hive. We just hadn't had time to fully explore those options. We've also experimented with PADsynth and Modal Synthesis. We can do amazing things at very low CPU, but it requires a lot of tweaking and manpower. That manpower wasn't availble because we also just released Bazille and Presswerk.

I would give +1 to better presets handling. This kind of synth - made for fast work - should have an easy way to manage huge numbers of presets. I know that many people here are making their own sounds, but I think that more people just use presets, especially when it's a commercial job, not a personal "artistic" one. And by commercial I mean stock music and the like - not DJ Top 100 :).

For example that's why I use Massive mostly for this kind of work - there are many good presets for it with an ok preset managing :). AFAIK huge numbers of presets made Sylenth1 so popular (beside the sound) - I don't know how the preset managing works in Sylenth though.

I love u-he's synths sound, but I really don't like the preset managers (especially the horizontal scrolling in the preset window - like in Diva) and sorting by the preset creators. A basic tagging system, filtering with preset-packs would be great.

I don't know if it's reasonable or not, but maybe make it mandatory to choose a basic category (bass, pluck, pad and so on) when saving - I hate preset packs (paid ones!) without any tags.
Last edited by PALU on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

@Urs
Is there a chance that you improve the Phaser FX and add a tempo sync option?

4damind wrote:@Urs
Is there a chance that you improve the Phaser FX and add a tempo sync option?
Chance is there, but it can only happen some time later.

szalonykp wrote:I would give +1 to better presets handling.
We've planned to work on this next year. Search and more tagging options (beyond "junk" and "favourite") are on our todo list. Once done it'll be available for all our plug-ins.

Hive's factory bank will of course be sorted into categories, as we always do.

- Urs

Urs wrote:
szalonykp wrote:I would give +1 to better presets handling.
We've planned to work on this next year. Search and more tagging options (beyond "junk" and "favourite") are on our todo list. Once done it'll be available for all our plug-ins.

Hive's factory bank will of course be sorted into categories, as we always do.

- Urs
a staring system ?

I'm missing the keytrack>envelope rate knob/slider.

Doing the same job in the MM's requires three slots, which is a bit of a faff.

A dedicated knob, or mod target, would be way more efficient.

Urs wrote:more tagging options
User definable, please!

how long is the pre-sell-price (99$) available?
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Missionary wrote:
Urs wrote: I think we first need to come up with proper names for the current engines. I had a contest in mind.
Buzz
Stinger
Pollinator
Nectar
Swarm
The Queen
I really hope those are not the names that are chosen.

trance_lucent wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote: - Comb Filter as a filter option.
Honeycomb...
I personally don't feel that comb filter is a must-have thing for a synth of this sort. FM (just between two oscillators enough) - yes, Sync - yes, Ring - may be, but not comb. It is a step to physical modelling. After all, you can use Zebrify for it.
Let eat bee.

yes good point , thought it will expend by a big margin the sounds of the synths by just adding a filter type.

i don't know if it's possible to do but a band pass / reject with control on the bandwich and modulable could be usefull for that type of synth.

a bit crusher , sample rate reducer could be great in the fx section.

and maybe it 's already there i didn t check yet but a filter with resonance in the delay feedback path could be great for dubby chords stab ect.
Last edited by Synthetic Wav on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:
A bit crusher , sample rate reducer could be great in the fx section.
Already here (Distortion/corrode)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:
A bit crusher , sample rate reducer could be great in the fx section.
Already here (Distortion/corrode)
nice :tu:

about fm i know it's made to be a cpu efficent synth, but fm with supersaw like this can just sound so good that it's sad it's not there , with these type of sound Hive would really stand out as there wouldn t be much competition for these fmed supersaw.
Last edited by Synthetic Wav on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

4damind wrote:Is there a chance that you improve the Phaser FX and add a tempo sync option?
The ability to set rate to zero would increase its usefulness considerably.

All our posting is stealing a lot of time from him as he obviously feels like he should reply to almost every post. So maybe the less we bug him, the more he gets done :hihi:

Return to “u-he”