How much $$ to soundproof/build a studio out of a bedroom?

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They say the best $$ spent is on room treatment.

That being said, how much $$ does it take to convert a bedroom into a proper studio with a voice booth? This should include acoustic treatment, panels, and other relevant furniture.

Who does this in the USA? Any company that provides a turnkey solution?

Note - I'm just looking for a 'producer's studio' - in other words, just a computer, desk, controller, monitors, minimal outboard gear and potentially a mic in the same room.

:-)
The sky is the limit but this'll help
http://www.mixedbymarcmozart.com/2014/1 ... etto+Style
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

keyman_sam wrote:They say the best $$ spent is on room treatment.

That being said, how much $$ does it take to convert a bedroom into a proper studio with a voice booth? This should include acoustic treatment, panels, and other relevant furniture.
Hugh this is possible but the key element here is dimension of your space. Noone won't give you not even approximate price until they have dimension of your place which you want to turn in to proper studio.

After they measure your space they will likely give you offer in every other way it's a bold guess..You see it's not the same to build a small space or big space. Big space will consume more material and so on...Give it or take it that we people have different takes on what is big or small room the point is they need exact dimension and your idea how you want it...

I don't think it is wise to quote a price for this without seeing the room and the furniture. where is the mic stand? where is the sweet spot listening position? how much does the bed and couch already absorb? you attack it from the big problems first. for example the mic next to a wall needs something right there to prevent the close proximity reflections. any big box with bare walls has 3 room modes that are a big problem. some people might not like my suggestions. I may suggest removable free standing partitions, hanging blankets in the middle of the room, modifications to the angles of walls. depending on your budget, you may opt to just install some foam bass traps and other foam treatments yourself. if your room is big enough, you can build or buy a vocal booth. this does not help your listening environment however. maybe you should invest in a behringer calibration mic and shoot the room so you know what your biggest deficiencies are.

what state are you in?

Does the room still need to function as a bedroom as well, or do you really want to convert it? The first case is the most difficult because placement of desk, speakers and acoustic elements will make it look very ugly as a bedroom.

A very good place to research this topic is this forum:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/studio- ... acoustics/

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”