DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

which resolution do you use ?
or which size do you need ?

I'm using 1366x768. I'm having problems with the vertical avaliable space. I'm using FL Studio and I have to load Dune 2 in Detached mode, which is unconfortable.

So that's my question, if I can reduce at least its vertical size in 70-80 pixels with a skin.

The size becomes whatever the size is of Background.png. There may be a minimum size though. I am not by my computer now, try it yourself or maybe someone else can confirm.

55-60 should be feasible, is that enough ?
which skin would like to use ?
i prefer to do my polar or nocturn ;-)

55-60 would be enough. I don't mind too much the skin colours, only the size. Can they be loaded in the demo?

yes, no problem

Are there any docs on how to skin this?

look for your login/password for the beta forum :hihi:

grymmjack wrote:Are there any docs on how to skin this?

There is a config.ini file (text file) that you can change. It should tell you what files are fixed or have a fixed size. Otherwise you basically replace the .png files. There's more info on the betaforum, as Chris said.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:And why would you want to hurt that cute fluffy little head of mine? 8)

Hive is not unlike Dune...

There's only one aspect of hive that is similar to dune2.

Both currently have a demo. Use them.

The - for me key - thing they have in common is the sound character, both sound modern and finished, unlike analog emulations. And both have voice stacking and a complete effect section. Dune seems to have more features, like those MSEG's and basically 8 parallel synth lines instead of two. But since I need neither, the rest seems similar to me. I have tested the Dune demo for about a week before uninstalling it, and I have had the Hive demo as well since Saturday, so my impression IS based on actually using both.
well, theres FM and wavetable in Dune2, and its more than capable of analogue sounds if you know how. It has more filter types and fx too. Its really only the horrible supersaw type stuff that is 'similar'. I tend to avoid those sounds on both synths.

I'm 100% agree with you Kriminal, Dune2 is so powerfull,well design(ui,code,fonctions)
Dune2 and hive are differents, not the same sound osc, filter.....for exemple, play one chord with the same setting(by ears) and you understand, after that, taste are different for everybody, it's not a problem:)
i have buy both and Dune2 is my go to, for me, it's the same if you compare serum and hive two different beasts,
(in my vsti folder, i have dune2, serum, hive, harmor, nemesis, Dcam, electra2,massive, ace, and they have a special sound/caracters, you know, it's like colors when you paint....)

I made a Dune 2 review! (spoiler: I love it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMS0886w ... e=youtu.be

Thanks for the great dark theme satYatunes sent you a donation. Only thing I didn't like about DUNE 2 was the default skin and you fixed it :clap:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

dentnile wrote:The size becomes whatever the size is of Background.png. There may be a minimum size though. I am not by my computer now, try it yourself or maybe someone else can confirm.
Confirming there is a minimum size... from Configuration.ini:

"The plugin size is determined by the "Background.png" image size.
The minimum size of the plugin is 500 x 355 pixels."

I don't mind the original skin but I prefer the one satYatunes made, very nice!

Voice303 wrote:Thanks for the great dark theme satYatunes sent you a donation. Only thing I didn't like about DUNE 2 was the default skin and you fixed it :clap:
Thank you. Much appreciated.
dentnile wrote: I don't mind the original skin but I prefer the one satYatunes made, very nice!
Thanks.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Instruments”