AIR XPand! 2 Coming To VST/AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Glad to hear your enjoying it :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Hey there. I have the Xpand!2 VST. It came with my keyboard. Really like it a lot :)

One problem though. I'm using Mixcraft and using it with my midi keyboard (M-Audio Keystation) Xpand works perfectly.

Trouble is when I play a midi track, having chosen an instrument on Xpand, I get no playback from that track.

I'm new to Mixcraft, so may have missed something. Was wondering if anyone had an idea about fixing that ?

Thanks and seasons best wishes :)

what keyboards does expand come with? Alesis and M audio I know both have certain boards that have it but they have so many models of controllers you have to know which ones or you could buy the wrong keyboard.

Mine is a M-Audio Keystation 49

Rogad wrote:Hey there. I have the Xpand!2 VST. It came with my keyboard. Really like it a lot :)

One problem though. I'm using Mixcraft and using it with my midi keyboard (M-Audio Keystation) Xpand works perfectly.

Trouble is when I play a midi track, having chosen an instrument on Xpand, I get no playback from that track.

I'm new to Mixcraft, so may have missed something. Was wondering if anyone had an idea about fixing that ?

Thanks and seasons best wishes :)
Yep...Xpand!2 is a kick-ass freebie,though I don't feel that for the full purchase price separately,it's not such a bargain(since the acoustic sounds are nothing special)...but apart from that,it's superb as a synth.

As for your Mixcraft issue..well..did you know that you have to make sure that you disarm a track,before you can use another track?
If that is not your problem...then I would contact Acoustica...either via Facebook or the forum on their website(they are always eager to help).
There's also a generous amount of tutorial videos on Acoustica's YouTube channel.

yessongs wrote:what keyboards does expand come with? Alesis and M audio I know both have certain boards that have it but they have so many models of controllers you have to know which ones or you could buy the wrong keyboard.
As far as I am aware,the Alesis V/VI series and M-Audio's Oxygen series include Xpand!2...there possibly could be other brands that include Xpand!2 as well...but you'll have to do your own research on that....or just simply contact AirMusicTech and ask them.

Hi Alesis,

Thanks for your suggestion but the track is not armed. For example if I open a new project and directly import a midi file. And then select an Xpand instrument, I get no sound from the track.

Anyway, I have registered on their forum, still waiting for them to accept my registration.

I bought it for $49 and am very happy with it, I think the presets are fantastic, very usable, so easy to layer a few together to make a new sound, but it has one big problem - the tiny, tiny arrows for selecting the previous/next patches - they are ridiculously small, and yet they're the sort of buttons you're going to press more than any other in a VST, as you audition patches.

Yeah the buttons are really small. I have a 2560 x 1440 monitor and they are tiny !

huge fan of romplers and really love xpand. Wrote a pretty deep review about it if anyone is interested. I say go for it, it's a great buy and cheap.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews ... d-2-a.html

TheoM wrote:huge fan of romplers and really love xpand. Wrote a pretty deep review about it if anyone is interested. I say go for it, it's a great buy and cheap.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews ... d-2-a.html
Thanks for the great review.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Indeed, great review and considerate assessment, makes me want to get Xpand, while understanding the limitations.
Great product!
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Go for it. It's great fun.

My DAW is still running in 32bit .. Does it mean I must upgrade it to 64bit to run Xpand 2 ?

cowby wrote:My DAW is still running in 32bit .. Does it mean I must upgrade it to 64bit to run Xpand 2 ?
I have Sonar X3 running in Windows 7 32-bit and it works fine.

Return to “Instruments”