Burning a quality audio DVD

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I am new here, and I have a question regarding the creation of music DVDs. I've tried to scout out good programs to do this, as the options that I used in the past were simply not sufficient. I have used:
- Nero Express, which is simply too bare-bone. I made some music DVDs with this in the past, but they are all simple lists, which you cannot even sort in custom way.(you have to manually rename your music files to get the order you want. :roll: )
- Audio DVD Creator, which can sort, but the menu and background options when started on a pc are a bit too simple as a secondary issue (cannot really use custom menus). My primary concern is though that you still cannot really group the titles together in a meaningful way, so it is still just a giant playlist screeching down.
- DVD Architect Pro 6.0. Since I have this, I don't use Nero anymore. However it falls to complete zero when trying for a audio only project. It would be perfect because of ability for menus, background, button design, custom playlists and sub-playlists to the hearts content. ...The only thing that busts the whole scheme is that it can never create anything without video, meaning it blows up a mere 4mb mp3 into a ridiculous 120mb video file, filling any DVD after just 20 titles, even though all that is shown to the audio is numb blackness. :cry:

So I researched what free tools are out there and downloaded a couple in the last hours, but none really did anything good. So I am finally at the point where I ask for help in forums, because I feel like I am missing the obvious somewhere, and anyone who is actually into the busyness would quickly know how this is done. Does anyone here have an idea what tools can help me out for this?
Doesn't have to be freeware btw., and also the menu thing is optional. I just want to be able to create a music DVD where I can sort the titles in the way I like before burning, and also group them into 24-28 sections, which would be the number of chapters that I need.

I usually create simple CD-R disks with MP3's (or FLAC or whatever your fav format is) as data. One disk can hold about 10 hours of music, depending on the kbps rate it was encoded with. Put your playlist of your fav player in as well!

Disks created this way can be played in my car, by my BlueRay player at home, by my portable CD player, by any computer with a MP3 player.

So your sorting problem is solved by NOT doing that on a platform that was NOT intended for it ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

To report back: CDs are not an option for me, because I need to fill 1.74GB in music, and then some extra. I could maybe turn it into a multi disk album, but I feel that would appear lazy here.

Anyway, I think I found my way, as I figured out how to trick DVD Architect into using the same "video file" for every title, reducing the senseless extra space to only maybe 400mb at maximum. That will work for me, and I get incredibly customizable menus, with all kinds of intertwined and interlinked playlists. *Joy*Image

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”