Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

They've even gone as quiet about overdue promised updates as sylenth1!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:They've even gone as quiet about overdue promised updates as sylenth1!
Actually, LennarDigital just made an announcement a few days ago regarding the next update:
Also we'd like to announce that we're close to releasing the new version of Sylenth1 that will fully support 64bit VST and AU for OSX! This update can be expected in the first months of 2015. We'd like to point out that the update will be free for all our customers!
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=427742
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Surprised we haven't seen a Spire vs. Hive shootout yet. Spire has a larger range, but still interesting.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Unless the CPU use is reduced, Hive will be the better option in my books.

I'm sorry, but if your PC is so weak that it can't run Spire, then you may as well just get a ROMpler because I don't think synths are going to work out for you at all.

actually my machine is a beast, but Spire can be one also.
p.s. i've been making music on computers since the 90's dude, no need for douchebaggery.

sqigls wrote:actually my machine is a beast, but Spire can be one also.
p.s. i've been making music on computers since the 90's dude, no need for douchebaggery.
Got to agree...spire can chew the hell out of an i7 given the opportunity, like many others synthmaster, lush, diva to name a few :)

But then I do like my outboard hardware for the overhead.

Now all I need is some talent!!! :phones:

You guys might want to check your setups for virus or something because I'm on a 3 year old i7 laptop and Spire CPU usage is miniscule.

TonyVegas wrote:I'm sorry, but if your PC is so weak that it can't run Spire, then you may as well just get a ROMpler because I don't think synths are going to work out for you at all.
That's a rather crude statement.

If a sound in Spire takes up 20 percent of my CPU, and the almost exact same sound in Zebra takes 5 percent, then I know which synth to choose.

Of course I can use Spire for some bass/leads etc., but some patches just don't work CPU wise (on a Core i3.)

TonyVegas wrote:You guys might want to check your setups for virus or something because I'm on a 3 year old i7 laptop and Spire CPU usage is miniscule.
I think it really depends on the presets and settings that are in use. Get the same with Synthmaster, although like Spire, the CPU usage has decreased.

To be honest I often find with a lot of synths, in bypassing the effects, particularly reverbs and delays the CPU hit is reduced. I actually prefer to use independant delays and reverbs with a majority of synths onan fx send any way. Simply having something like B2 or Valhalla verbs on a single channel serving a multitude of tracks, has a pleasing result and good resource economy. However any patches with long sustain and using chords or multi keying, will wack the ASIO up.

As far as virus, setups and systems go I am extremely confident there is no issue. Spire being miniscule, is an understatement, but it's got a lot better. To be honest with Cubase 8's improved ASIO I have found a lot of scope for more headroom - which is a good thing.

it's unison and the like really. When I made my own patches i could cut down on CPU use. The sound Spire spits out is fantastic compared to the CPU use generally, but when loading some patches while browsing new sounds in a project that is getting quite loaded already, can produce serious pulses of processor drainage. I'm very keen for the release candidate of Hive. I don't really have a bread and butter synth anymore, except for Massive, but I'm not so fond of Massive really, for some reason. Diva is my goto now, but I quicky learned that it's not really bread and butter synth :P

TonyVegas wrote:I'm sorry, but if your PC is so weak that it can't run Spire, then you may as well just get a ROMpler because I don't think synths are going to work out for you at all.
I myself am able to run detuned saw 8 instances playing only 2 voice melody on core i7 4790K :)
Its not a weak CPU, synth is CPU hungry and everyone knows that :) But the sound quality is just really amazing, at one point you can justify the CPU use :) But I still hope teased version 1.10 will come soon with some heavy CPU performance improvements :)

Most people don't realize, but even Sylenth can eat a bunch of CPU when making big trance supersaws with long release times.
Last edited by billcarroll on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

2ZrgE wrote: If a sound in Spire takes up 20 percent of my CPU, and the almost exact same sound in Zebra takes 5 percent, then I know which synth to choose.
Fair enough, but comparing an over 10 year old synth to a 1 1/2 year old (?) one isn't a fair comparison. Obviously it will take more CPU, because the sound engine makes use of the performance of nowadays machines.

That said, i'm also hoping for the update, especially for running Spire on my cheapo i3 notebook. :P My guess would be that they're working hard on it.

The problem is no synth could use multi-core (or thread) to process one instance. At least in LPX it is the case. Too many patches are almost unusable on my Macbook Pro (i5 CPU). Mere few notes could render a load of crackle.
If LPX allows Spire to use multi-thread process, I can simply bounce in place one track and work on next. And I'll say let Spire be an even more beast, I don't care.

Return to “Instruments”