Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey Everybody!

Here are some Presets I made so far - wish I had more but here are 9 - kinda Hard Lectro Whatever Sound - Lots of MOD Wheel action.

I've tried to use pseudo Phase Modulation and Filter Modulation - whatever I can push it to do.

More to come!

https://app.box.com/s/a68bo4f85tclhsjuwepn (https://app.box.com/s/a68bo4f85tclhsjuwepn)

Enjoy!

InfoTube2014 wrote:Sorry i tried Hive now, but in Orion 8.5 don't read this plug-in
add hive=1
to the file vstcfg.txt

Thank now work

carrieres wrote:
InfoTube2014 wrote:Sorry i tried Hive now, but in Orion 8.5 don't read this plug-in
add hive=1
to the file vstcfg.txt
Thank, now work :tu:

Yes, encountered this too, thanks. Btw the new public beta is out for Orion, which might also solve the problem.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Loving Hive so far. Having trouble latching Arp/seg.

szalonykp wrote:I would give +1 to better presets handling. This kind of synth - made for fast work -
Wouldnt need much presets because you can tweak anything to your liking in minutes.

browsing thru your presets will take way more time.

A quick found bug report if it hasn't been reported already (and if it's valid)

The Filter 'LINK' button doesn't appear to be saving with the preset.

EDIT: possibly I was using it in a way it was not intended? It could definitely be done with the mod matrix, but I was using it in a way of just linking a filter one (LP for instance) control midi mapped with the filter two control (with filter two HP for instance) like cutoff as a very quick way to get linked filter sweep type features. However, I can see that linking may just be a way to coordinate controls easily when creating a patch.
Last edited by omac on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quick feature request: When browsing through the patches window, it'd be nice to be able to click anywhere OFF of the patches window to get back to Hive's main interface. Having to click the "X" takes a wee bit more time than necessary. Just for your consideration.

Also, I realize this product is supposed to be fairly self-explanatory, but I'm one of those "manual" people. I'd love to see a detailed manual explaining all the features.

Beautiful product Urs and team. Have a wonderful Christmas.

fourthmanfire wrote:Quick feature request: When browsing through the patches window, it'd be nice to be able to click anywhere OFF of the patches window to get back to Hive's main interface. Having to click the "X" takes a wee bit more time than necessary. Just for your consideration.
That's a popular request - we'll give it a shot!
Also, I realize this product is supposed to be fairly self-explanatory, but I'm one of those "manual" people. I'd love to see a detailed manual explaining all the features.
We usually have very detailed manuals that are also a fun read. I'm quite sure we'll have the same for Hive when it's officially released.

Very impressed with the sound so far, 100% sure Hive will be the new bread 'n' butter synth of choice!
Would love the option for a white/grey/black GUI - blue gets a little spacy :tu:

More unicorns!!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Or a formant filter: One could pick vowels for the six corners of the display and use a virtual joystick in the middle to morph between the vowels with the mouse :hihi:

A bit like with Blarg, which I only bought for the formant crap :hihi:
I reckon that's a great idea. If you are going to go with popularity, simplicity, and fun, then XY joystick features and a synth that talks to you is a great idea. I loved the vocoder in that recent hardware synth... mininova, I think. Fits in with the bee idea too, although I'm not a fan of taking that idea too far - Over-Killer-Bee? Taking the bee theme too far could make Hive irritating in the same way that Sylenth's retro skin is irritating for many people. Also comb filter as in HoneyComb fits the theme too. Just sayin'. And it would be more subtle than naming the different engines after bees or whatever. Hive's got to be classy and creatively fresh and brilliant, not cheesy.
Last edited by martingifford on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Agree on every point here. Are you single? The very worst thing about Sylenth was the filing. So Hive should be the ULTIMATE in perfection in that department. After that, if it sounds as good, then it becomes ideal for the fastest workflow in the Universe. I was interested in Nexus for that reason, but it's too expensive.
angelonyc wrote:I would like to see a 'category' listing of presets. Strings,brass, blown, picked, mellow, etc..

Actually I'd love to see this on all u-he products.. (I know some have them)... I know it may to late for earlier products.. But when you're working on a project. It's a pain, to go sorting thru presets. I usually turn to another virtual instrument ..

I know this is hard cause U-he is building a set of synths which are not really strictly traditional.. Still speed and efficiency is an inportant factor when working on a project, especially on the clock..

At the least even a searchable document with category tags, to search would be helpful.

I'm gonna purchase the Hive.. Already own a few of your products.. You are doing a great job, making unique instruments at a reasonable price.. the Beta idea is excellent, along with your occasional sales, questionnaire coupon.. Your instruments are ones I can afford to buy, and they give sounds like no other.

At this point for me, (and probably a lot of others is price point).. I think many companies would make a huge profit if they lowered their prices, and did more volume.. The more volume leads people to discuss and engage others to get interested.. I always praise U-he on the websites I go too.. When more people get the new Macs - it will be great to hear what you can do when you have more CPU processing available to you..
My 2008, balks a little bit.. But once I've got a working track, I realize to audio, and maybe refine it later..

The sonic pallette of your instruments is great..

Urs wrote:
--= Ju =-- wrote:Both this and Presswerk crash as soon as I load them in EnergyXT 2.7 :( on Win8.1 64bit.

Anyone else get the same?

Regards.
This sounds like an old bug has found its way back. Does it work in any other host for you?

Hi,

Yes, they both work without a problem in Bitwig studio. Both crash upon load on both my desktop and laptop (both win 8.1 64bit)

Regards.
"Annoying the neighbours since '71"

Return to “u-he”