SPACED / on the youtube (HD available)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2012. Similar sound design to As Alien As.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEUprzm ... nIpBcO-fxd

It's almost as if you had written a score to accompany an explosion, and then left the tape running to pick up any residual vibrations. Cool the way this piece slowly recedes into emptiness. Good job with the video and the tasteful end-title.

Good work :)

very nice
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

seismic1 wrote:It's almost as if you had written a score to accompany an explosion, and then left the tape running to pick up any residual vibrations. Cool the way this piece slowly recedes into emptiness. Good job with the video and the tasteful end-title.

Good work :)
The residual echoes
the residual echoes
the residual echoes of the giant explosion
where they said it beginned

yah, that is the form though.

I did dick around with the end title for a bit to make it time right, but that's a plugin in Final Cut Pro.

thanks, and thanks Digriz

High quality as usual. The attention to detail in shaping the sounds is clear--a lot of "soundscape" musicians could learn how to make a field of audio reverberations compelling from this track. Nice use of the guitar and horns as well. I've personally found it very difficult to incorporate digital synthesizers with acoustic and electroacoustic instruments, so I'm especially impressed by how you got that to work.

This is so amazing, man! So many instruments playing in such wonderful, dark way, like in the movie 'Enter the Void' or 'Irreversible'. I lack words to describe how much I like the song. Keep up the good work! Thumbs up for me. :)

https://soundcloud.com/brain-claim/sets ... the-guitar

jopy wrote: difficult to incorporate digital synthesizers with acoustic and electroacoustic instruments, so I'm especially impressed by how you got that to work.
The thing is, I start with the synths and think of that as an orchestra, and add definition to it with the specific instruments. Here, while it blends with the synth, there are violins which I had to work with some to not be... distracting. The other thing is placement, and definition in the panning.

thanks guys

Return to “Music Cafe”