Slate VCC

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Somewhat yes, and yes.

To way I understood it from monitoring various posts by Steven Slate, I think the suite will get an update first, with an additional console (not the missing NEOTEK from alpha days as it seems - that's 7 consoles in the end). Then VMR get's a wrapper for VCC at a later state (no date known). But yes, CPU usage will be reduced even further (to me, it's already low on my i7 920!).

VMR will also get an update at some point as well. Mainly with a "compensation" module until a more elegant solution for gain staging can be ported.

But the next updates are: VCC, then FG-X, then everything else. The official newsletter makes that pretty clear at this point.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Seems to crash Tracktion instantly!

Compyfox wrote:Somewhat yes, and yes.

To way I understood it from monitoring various posts by Steven Slate, I think the suite will get an update first, with an additional console (not the missing NEOTEK from alpha days as it seems - that's 7 consoles in the end). Then VMR get's a wrapper for VCC at a later state (no date known). But yes, CPU usage will be reduced even further (to me, it's already low on my i7 920!).

VMR will also get an update at some point as well. Mainly with a "compensation" module until a more elegant solution for gain staging can be ported.

But the next updates are: VCC, then FG-X, then everything else. The official newsletter makes that pretty clear at this point.
VCC will get:

1. A new console
2. Output trim knob
3. Rewritten algorithm so oversampling won't be needed
4. Improved CPU usage
5. AAX support

And possibly:

6. VMR integration (unclear if this will be part of 2.0 or a subsequent release)

I also expect we'll see the same preset browser as the other slate plugs if it's not just integrated into VMR.

So… this is supposed to be some sort of analog summing magic plugin? Otherwise, I dont really get it :? If I already have several different EQ plug-ins modeled on the same/similar units, then is there a point to this? Aren't these models effectively just analog preamp gain (sans EQ)? Or is there really something to the summing of all channels? Idk, when this first came out I was really impressed; now, I fail to see the point :shrug:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: VCC will get:

1. A new console
2. Output trim knob
3. Rewritten algorithm so oversampling won't be needed
4. Improved CPU usage
5. AAX support

And possibly:

6. VMR integration (unclear if this will be part of 2.0 or a subsequent release)
Aside from point 2, which I've yet to see on any lists, this is known information.

VMR integration will be an update for VMR at a later state. At least this is how I understood it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I also expect we'll see the same preset browser as the other slate plugs if it's not just integrated into VMR.
Isn't it the same so far?
Except for FG-X, which uses the very old engine actually.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

blueman wrote:So… this is supposed to be some sort of analog summing magic plugin? Otherwise, I dont really get it :? If I already have several different EQ plug-ins modeled on the same/similar units, then is there a point to this? Aren't these models effectively just analog preamp gain (sans EQ)? Or is there really something to the summing of all channels? Idk, when this first came out I was really impressed; now, I fail to see the point :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... H9ks#t=266

Hopefully it will cue where I want it to. I dunno, I'm not saying you can't get this with eq and proper gain staging, but I like what it doesn. Remember though, I'm the guy who said I couldn't hear anything at first :oops:

hibidy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... H9ks#t=266

Hopefully it will cue where I want it to. I dunno, I'm not saying you can't get this with eq and proper gain staging, but I like what it does
Nice 8) There is definitely some magic there. In this example, it seems to glue the mix together and open it up, while saturating it a bit :tu:

I couldn't have said it better myself :hihi:

Ok, so watching the groove3 viddy and understanding groups is both exciting and terrifying :lol: Though a nice feature, I can see getting lost in a sea of groups and confuse the hell out of yourself :shrug:

I'm hopeless: already bought it :oops:

I'll follow you right now. I'm also going to get FG-X. Bought at JRR shop.

Does anyone have a direct email for Slate? I order the iLok RCC package a few weeks ago and still haven't received it.

frankz00 wrote:Does anyone have a direct email for Slate? I order the iLok RCC package a few weeks ago and still haven't received it.
I ordered mine on 20th December and haven't received mine yet either, however I did receive a tracking email for a package being dispatched from the US on the 31st December which must be it. According to the tracking link it's spent the last few days being processed in LA!

any word on the vcc update?

Why? Is VCC v1 not working for you anymore?

Else, Slate Digital seems to recover from the holiday support madness if I got Steven Slate's last Twitter entry right.

Return to “Effects”