CRC Error has occurred on Archtop.part1.rar

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all.

I'm literally tearing my hair out with this Arch Top plugin from Impact Soundworks. I've downloaded each part literally THREE times separately thinking it was on my end, but no matter what I do, I get CRC errors when trying to unrar the file. Any ideas?

What program are you using? What OS? Screenshot the error message.

Make sure you're extracting part 1 only (it unrar's all the other parts along with it). At least that's how it works with WinRAR.
Also make sure the path doesn't exceed like, 250 characters. So try extracting it somewhere closer to the root of your drive. Common mistake.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

In addition to what DarkFlameSquirrel said, confirm that the size of your RAR files are all IDENTICAL except for the final part. If they're not, you may have a corrupt download for one (or more) of the parts and need to redownload those.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Osx mavericks. Used both download manager and not. Unpacked with both alzip and unrar. Nothing works.

Again, please confirm the size of your RAR files. They should all be identical except for the final part. You can contact support directly at support@impactsoundworks.com, which I find a bit better since you can include a screenshot of your folder etc.

I guarantee that there are no problems with the files on the server, so it's a matter of figuring out what files were corrupted.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

CRC stands for Cyclic Redundancy Check error. It is usually a sign that your drive is failing.

It's true if it's copying from the same drive, as it means it's not copying information correctly. A CRC check is made every time a file is copied. Apparently, my browser fudged a download, and it's since been sorted. Fantastic library!

jrhager84 wrote:It's true if it's copying from the same drive, as it means it's not copying information correctly. A CRC check is made every time a file is copied. Apparently, my browser fudged a download, and it's since been sorted. Fantastic library!
Glad it wasn't your hard drive, Happy Shreddaging!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”