miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - v1.6.5 - Custom Waveform Editor!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
miniBit

I am missing PWM in this synth.

Ot:
Nice treat for Nexus2 owners, today you get the SID expansion for free! :)
Last edited by zeep on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeep wrote:Nice treat for Nexus2 owners, today you get the SID expansion for free! :)
Unless you paid for it before.. :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
zeep wrote:Nice treat for Nexus2 owners, today you get the SID expansion for free! :)
Unless you paid for it before.. :D
Tell me about it! :hihi:

valerian_777 wrote:The MON are like 2nd generation sids which used sophisticated music-routines (from 1988 on). You can't make such kind of tunes with miniBit. miniBit is like 1984 sids. Nothing bad about it but i wouldn't compare it with QuadraSid or Sidizer. Also i can't see what miniBit brings new to the table compared to the several free plugins already available: http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-plugins.php
well i didnt want to bash it with free synths cause AudioThing is a nice company but im also not feeling well to see vsts for payware which are covered already on and on.... instead they should bring out something which is worth to be payware.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

zeep wrote:I am missing PWM in this synth.
Yep, without PWM it can't work (at least for SID leads or longer low notes).
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

miniBit is definitely not a SID emulator. It's inspired by old consoles and computers like NES, SEGA consoles, C64, Amiga etc... but is not an emulator of a specific chip.
That being said, you can easily program your own arps the old school way, note by note, playing with a slower tempo and then speed up. However, I received many requests to add this feature so I'll see what I can do for the next update. As I did for my other effect plugins, I always try to listen to my customers and add features (if possible) even months after the release.

Most of the free stuff is for windows and/or VST only (some are 32bit only), no AAX support at all. But of course if you feel that you can do the same (or even more) with free stuff, then miniBit is not for you :)

We already have a few more waves to add and recently I acquired a sampling card for my A1200 so definitely more (old-school) waves/samples are coming, not just the standard 4-5 in most synths. Due to the nature of the engine I think it will not be possible to add PWM (at least not a smooth PWM, that's why there are a few pulses waves), but I'll look into it. For leads or longer notes you can have some nice movements using the LFO on the samplerate of the Bit Crusher.

This evening I'll try to post a photo of some of the stuff I used during the development of miniBit.

Anyway thank you all for the feedback and tips. This is my first plugin synthesizer so I'm very open to suggestions and improvements.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote:We just released miniBit and sent out the 30 copies to the lucky winners! :clap:
Thanks a lot :party:

In addition to the osc, there is a sub-osc, so tuning the osc and turning up the sub-oscs, fifths can easily be played

Can also make some arp like leads, using the LFO

Unlike the Sidiziser, miniBit also comes as 64 bit, and as AAX

Ah, finally something like a C64SID chip synth for the mac, nice, i don't like the other one from the other company for the mac.. ;)

Will buy it ofcourse, talking about the C64 SID, i'm still a C64 user and i love the SID music or chiptunes, the videos up there are using the so called "wavetable", in this wavetable, you can switch between different settings like filter on/off, pitch, waveform etc. and the drums and the most other sounds were made using the wavetables...

Audiothing: If you want to do any updates in the future, why not making something like this wavetable? A tabel synced to a tempo and 32 steps for example...

I made years ago the factory sounds for the HardSID and if you add stgh. like a wavetable, you can make this...

http://soundcloud.com/xenox-afl/fn-hard ... reset-demo
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

I make connections to SynthMagics SID Vicious

Rather than retro game sounds, it's lo-fi Boards of Canada that comes to my mind

And very CPU friendly :tu:

Xenox.AFL wrote:Audiothing: If you want to do any updates in the future, why not making something like this wavetable? A tabel synced to a tempo and 32 steps for example...
That's really interesting, although could be difficult to implement in miniBit architecture. I'm a C64 user as well and I'm experimenting a lot with one liner lately. I'll write down all those suggestions and see what I can do.
Numanoid wrote:Rather than retro game sounds, it's lo-fi Boards of Canada that comes to my mind

And very CPU friendly :tu:
Cool, nice definition :)

Yup I literally spent months to have a low CPU usage and I'm quite happy with the results so far, but there's still room for improvement.

Almost forgot...here's the photo:

audiothing wrote:Almost forgot...here's the photo:
ha, you are european ;D i know cause i sold all my nintendo stuff when i found out europe has only the crap 50hz and pal borders in games :( (old consoles).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:ha, you are european ;D i know cause i sold all my nintendo stuff when i found out europe has only the crap 50hz and pal borders in games :( (old consoles).
Yeah, I am ;)

Good 'ol breadbox Commodore 64

I bought my new shiny in '87

It came with the GEOS discs, which was really useful as I never owned a discdrive :D

audiothing wrote:Almost forgot...here's the photo:
Oh man... I'll buy your synth just because this photo! it made a tear fall from my eye. :hug: :love:

Return to “Instruments”