guys what do you have for christmas? :D

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, at 55 it isn't much about what I got for xams...I have my family to be thankful for, I have my health to be thankful for, I have many good friends to be thankful for so I have received so many blessings over the years that is what I care about (of course plenty of my fair share of downers as well, but this is not the time).

My family (well my daughter and wife2b) got me the regular stuffs, a new skullcap, some new lounge pants...all the little things they know I like. My mom is taking us out to eat Saturday, we are going to her house tomorrow to do chores (she's 88 and needs some help, but she does amazing by herself).

As for music stuff, I did get one very cool xmas present. I very good friend gave me the upgrade to Samplitude Pro X2 which was really stunning for someone to give me such a wonderful thing. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I got my mom and my mom's cousin music boxes.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Tax audit (ongoing...)     :(

ImageImage

WOK wrote: 

ouch :cry:
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:
WOK wrote: 

you gotta wonder what the auditor did to piss off his boss enough to get stuck doing an audit on xmas :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

glitch2 on sale... pretty way cool... seeing about getting olga and oligarch in the next day or two.. merry christmas!

Hink wrote:
werp wrote:
WOK wrote: 

you gotta wonder what the auditor did to piss off his boss enough to get stuck doing an audit on xmas :shrug:
Not on christmas but weeks before (and ongoing).
Not the boss (?) - but the tax department....
ImageImage

Hink wrote:
What I was really surprised by though was that the stock pickups actually don't sound that bad. I'll probably keep them in for a while before I think about replacing them.
I'm sure they sound good, do you know if they are 4 conductor?

I wouldn't be surprised if the humbucker in the squire was the same one in the hello kitty guitar which is nothing to write home about, a little weak but not terrible. Sometimes weak is good too (still I would throw a pre-amp in there :hihi: )...btw you forgot to watermark the squire pic :hihi:
Yeah, the Squier pickups are in the right ball park, but you can tell they're not the real deal.

Not sure about the Schecter pickup wiring, but if I do replace them I am thinking of getting a pair that can be coil tapped. My only criticism of them is that they don't have a well rounded tone at the bottom end, but really not that bad at all.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i had nothing
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

whyterabbyt wrote:Image
:hihi:

That's pretty cool. I haven't tried that one - I'm definitely a JD fan (as long as it's not mixed with anything else - yuk!) and thought I'd tried them all.

Never actually tried JD myself, and I actually stopped drinking spirits completely about 15 years ago, but my sister managed to find several white rabbit related things for me this year, so an interesting find... the bottle is definitely destined to be part of the studio decor I reckon... ;)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Not much of a spirit drinker myself these days either, but it's pretty common for me to go for the JD if I ever do.

Definitely a good studio embellishment though!

I got to commemorate and celebrate the birth of the Savior. :love: :harp: :love:

Then I got to spend some time with my family! :hug: :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”