Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

trimph1 wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
trimph1 wrote: my collection of hardware I have a EMS VCS3, ARP 2600, Moog Voyager and MS20 plus Minimoog, Arturia Minibrute(3), Buchla 200e :
Whoa ! I never knew you had a Buchla! How many modules? :hyper: :tu:
Pretty much the lot...:scared: :lol:
:tu:

I've avoided getting started on analogue modular... too much money goes out too easily. There are way too many remarkable modules!!

trimph1 wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
trimph1 wrote: my collection of hardware I have a EMS VCS3, ARP 2600, Moog Voyager and MS20 plus Minimoog, Arturia Minibrute(3), Buchla 200e :
Awesome :D

You have a soundcloud with buchla noodles?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
Awesome :D

You have a soundcloud with buchla noodles?
I have to record some
:cry:

Once I do I'll post up. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

filter303 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Just trying the demo (finally) - the filter is first class. But I find the selection of waveforms rather limited and also a bit strange. No way to add more?
As a Spire user I have to agree with this one. Larger selection of waveforms would be really nice
as otherwise Spire has a lot of potential.

Ok further impressions, I'm finding a lot of the gloss is coming from the reverb which is very nice but adds a sheen to everything, turn it off and things sound a lot more ordinary. Probably the best reverb I've heard as part of a synth apart from the Virus one but it can tend to drench many sounds.

What's up with the envelopes? If I move the sliders I can hear it affecting the sound but it does nothing to the display.

Click on the envelope stages, and they change from exponential to linear, concave to convex and stuff. That's all you can do in the display i believe.

OK that's a weird approach, I would expect the envelope displays to look like the actual envelopes, not much use in them being there otherwise. Also they appear to have control points but they also do nothing. That is misleading.

True, it would be great to also have the length of the stages displayed, and the best of course would be to be able to edit the curves. :) Maybe that will be implemented one day.

question: should I buy spire? it's on sale now. ( I have already massive and z3ta2)

pros & cons?

thanks for all hints

Pros: Awesome sound, pretty flexible.
Cons: Tabbed interface, mid-high CPU usage (However it seems there is coming a version with lower CPU usage).

For me is a "yes". If you're having CPU problems better go for Dune2 (if its huge GUI size is enough for you). But I prefer Spire, I love how it sounds.

Edit: Another con: it seems impossible modulate the phase of the oscillators, you only can modulate the phase start point. Despite that, I love Spire.

Demo it!

For me, comparing from Massive or Z3ta+2, Spire has a smoother, more rounded sound. Massive and Z3ta+2 are both sharper, digital sounding synths to me. Spire is a little smoother and richer to my ears, yet isn't as able to cut in the mix as say Massive can. That can be a plus or a minus depending on your goal.

There's also Sylenth1 and U-he Hive too. :D

Btw I have all of them.. they all have a different sound.. so the real question you must ask yourself is WHAT in your current setup is lacking and WHY do you think Spire will resolve these lackings?

kyodeejay wrote:Edit: Another con: it seems impossible modulate the phase of the oscillators, you only can modulate the phase start point. Despite that, I love Spire.
You cannot modulate the phase invert button. Just as the analog and keytrack button per oscillator.
The phase itself you can modulate.

If I'm not wrong, that's just the phase start point. Try to modulate it, it doesn't do any effect in the sound (only when a note starts). Try to modulate the phase in Sylenth1 and notice the difference.

TrekStar wrote:question: should I buy spire? it's on sale now. ( I have already massive and z3ta2)

pros & cons?

thanks for all hints
It won't add any new features to what Z3TA 2 and Massive offer. I'd demo it to see whether you like its sound or not. I think Spire sounds absolutely fantastic, and much more pleasant than the said synths. It feels for me like I finally found the sound I'm after, after years of fiddling with second class wannabes.

Any word on when to expect aax for windows? This synth has piqued my interest but I am a protools 11 user
I'm Kinda a big Deal

big thanks kyodeejay, VitaminD, chk071 for your detailed answers! :tu:

I like spire very much, demo'd it already and I am bravely fighting against my GAS! :hihi:

but still 100 bucks are 100 bucks

wolf

Return to “Instruments”