Magix Music Maker 2013 Full Free [EXPIRED]

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since Dec.21, Chip.de (German) are giving this away via their 'Adventskalender'.

MM2013FULLFREE

According to the description this is the Full Version of the program, i.e. not a limited 'Silver' or 'Soundcloud' Edition, which means it might be interesting.

Does anyone have some more info on this software? How good is it? Could this actually be used as a 'daw' or is it more or less just a loop arranger? And what about plugin support? Google wasnt really helpful in finding out and the Magix site doesnt seem to work properly here.

Any and all info appreciated. :phones:
Last edited by ENV1 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Think of it like:

There is MM2013, then MM2014 and probably 2015.
Above MM is Music Studio(MS) with the same annual stuff.
Above MS is SMS - Sampltitude Music Studio and annual stuff.
Above SMS is Samplitude ProX2.

So imagine really cut down version - years ago.

So look at MM and what is new for 2014 version, unless 2015 arrived.

SMS I tested for 2014 and 2015 and is very good value for money.
In the same range is Cubase Elements - both price and featurewise.
In the same range is Mixcraft 7 - better featurewise than both above actually but same pricerange.

But Free is free - so get a taste of it. But SMS CE and MC is really little money for what you get.

Fun to play around with. Great for making quick arrangements. I don't understand why it is so looked down upon. It made me hungry for a real daw :)

She Changed Her Mind wrote:Fun to play around with. Great for making quick arrangements. I don't understand why it is so looked down upon. It made me hungry for a real daw :)
Good point - I guess I'm still one of those feature-hunters.
:)

lfm wrote:Think of it like:

There is also Magix Music Maker Premium ;)

I guess Music Maker 20xx is the base version

If the base version comes with the Revolta2 synth, it sure is a great freebie

My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

For beginners Magix Music Maker is a great DAW, especially with the tons of samples and loops! :wink:

If I had some kids with interest in music, I'd give it to them...

Gave it a quick install (not easy for an English only speaker) and Revolta did not appear to be a part of the software. That's as far as I could tell though because I couldn't understand most of the text that was being displayed to me.

Perhaps others will be more informative than myself

Dakkra
My Setup.

dakkra wrote:Gave it a quick install (not easy for an English only speaker) and Revolta did not appear to be a part of the software. That's as far as I could tell though because I couldn't understand most of the text that was being displayed to me.

Perhaps others will be more informative than myself

Dakkra
There's really no option to change the language? :o

Tricky-Loops wrote:especially with the tons of samples and loops! :wink:
But are they cleared for use in tracks?

As I remember one of the drawbacks with Magix DAW's is that sample content is not cleared. If you use samples in a track and want to put that out, you need to pay more.

Numanoid wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:especially with the tons of samples and loops! :wink:
But are they cleared for use in tracks?

As I remember one of the drawbacks with Magix DAW's is that sample content is not cleared. If you use samples in a track and want to put that out, you need to pay more.
For the Soundpool(s) you need to buy a commercial license - if you want to use them commercially -, for the other samples not, as far as I know...

Tricky-Loops wrote:There's really no option to change the language? :o
None that I could read! :lol:
My Setup.

That's why I said for kids it's a great DAW to get into music production. I wouldn't use the sample content to produce commercial music...

Tricky-Loops wrote:For the Soundpool(s) you need to buy a commercial license - if you want to use them commercially -, for the other samples not, as far as I know...
There are some sample based instrument, but the main sample download content is Soundpool aint it?

Numanoid wrote:
lfm wrote:Think of it like:

There is also Magix Music Maker Premium ;)
My goodness, did I miss one. Thanks for clarifying. ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”