How to make a polyphonic synth?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw the PolySynth module, but I was using the Multiform Osc. How would I use this in a polysynth?

Have a look at the Basic Synth patch that is there when you do "New Session". Open it up in its deep modular editor, then dive into its PolySynth module and have a look at how things are connected. You can also right-click the oscillator there and "Replace" it by a Multiform oscillator. If you want to hear the pure results of the MFO you might want to bypass the lowpass filter which is also there. Hope this helps.

So anything inside a PolySynth module is polyphonic?

It seems I can't put a VST effect inside of it :(

yeah take jo advice
Last edited by runaudio on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

camsr wrote:So anything inside a PolySynth module is polyphonic?
Indeed.
It seems I can't put a VST effect inside of it :(
Indeed as that would theoretically mean creating 48 instances of the same VST and constantly managing them so that they are identical... :o
Try using a VSTi aside a PolySynth.

Well I am only trying to use my Float Crush plugin on a per-voice basis. Do you have any suggestions?

Effects are never polyphonic.

Put your effect after the MUX Polysynth.
If you need 1 voice for your plug in, rightclick on the PolySynth module and set the #voices to 1 (mono mode).
If you want to play e.g. 12 voices with 12 effects, copy PolySynth and effect 12 times and feed them each with a different key (e.g. look at the DrumNoteProcessor).

Alright, thank you!

Return to “MUTOOLS”