miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - v1.6.5 - Custom Waveform Editor!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
miniBit

Numanoid wrote:Good 'ol breadbox Commodore 64

I bought my new shiny in '87

It came with the GEOS discs, which was really useful as I never owned a discdrive :D
Nice! I used a C64C once but the charm of the breadbox is unbeatable. Even when I'm not using it, just looking at it makes me happy :) The only real problem is that they are very fragile considering their age and need some maintenance. On mine I had to replace the PLA chip and 4 or 5 RAM chips.
alvfaria wrote:Oh man... I'll buy your synth just because this photo! it made a tear fall from my eye. :hug: :love:
Eheh, I know the feel :) I'm slowly collecting all these nice things I didn't have when I was a kid :D
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

I only had the NES, but not an original NES, as they were not officially sold here on Brazil. I Had a "clone", which curiously had the same external case of an atari 7800.

I ended buying your synth, and I have a question: I think the oscilators are all 1 semitone above the normal pitch. Someone can confirm it?

alvfaria wrote:I only had the NES, but not an original NES, as they were not officially sold here on Brazil. I Had a "clone", which curiously had the same external case of an atari 7800.
Yeah, I still see many clones when I go to car boot sales and flea markets. Some of them have very strange cases, some are almost identical copies.
alvfaria wrote:I ended buying your synth, and I have a question: I think the oscilators are all 1 semitone above the normal pitch. Someone can confirm it?
I just re-checked and everything is perfectly in tune. What OS and DAW are you using?

FL Studio 11, Win 7.

I used Melda MTuner to check the pitch. I compare to other synths too

In fact, it seems to be around 1 semitone + 47cents above the normal. I used the detune knobs on minibit and made this numerical corrections and it seems to get better tunning. I can make a video to demonstrate this.

I don't have FL Studio 11 to test but it sounds more like a sample rate problem to me. Are you at 48kHz? If so check at 44.1kHz, if it's in tune then it's definitely a bug with the sample rate.

Yes, I'm at 48 KHz. I'll try reduce this.

Ok I think I know what's going on now. Strangely I can't reproduce this bug but I already have a fix. I will release an update in a few hours. Sorry about that.

Confirmed.

At 44KHz the synth get in tune. :shrug:

But I really prefer to work at 48KHz; it is better for recording external audio. :help:

Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Thanks for the video! Added to the product page :)

Version 1.0.1 with sample rate fix (and minor code optimization) is now available!
You can update using the links provided in your purchase email.

audiothing wrote:Thanks for the video! Added to the product page :)

Version 1.0.1 with sample rate fix (and minor code optimization) is now available!

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

audiothing wrote:Thanks for the video! Added to the product page :)

That's fast service, thanks :tu:

I really dig this machine, in times of great complexity it offers simplicity, but is nevertheless capable of making many types of sounds, leads, basses, pads :)

You are welcome! :)

I'm glad you are enjoying it. Anyway, more waveforms and more features coming hopefully next month!

audiothing wrote:more features coming hopefully next month!
Feature-wise anything specific on the agenda? :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

This is delightfully crunchy.

Return to “Instruments”