and I have to say: I'am impressed.
Actually I don't want to buy another softsynth,
but -damn- this thing is hot!
How long is the discount price?
Have I to hurry? ;-)

There is only one feature request.
It would be fine, when saving wavetables from the waveeditor,
or saving samples from the recorder to wavefiles,
to have the ability to save them as monofiles.
Many other synths needs monofiles, and don't have to go
the diversion ;-) to a external sampleeditor would be
more elegant...
Nevertheless Diversion is a nice synth, think I have to buy it...
All the best,
Rookie2

When the sale ends?

And how is the CPU use? Worse than, say, Spire or roughly or the same? I've just ordered a new PC, i7, can I expect it to run Diversion smoothly?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

In my experience it's a bit better than Spire (which I've got, and do use as well), but only marginally. YMMV depending on the patch to be honest (in my experience anyway). Ie. totally able to use either Spire or Diversion without any issues, but also able to bring an i7 2600 to it's knees with only one instance (most sounds in the libs for both synths are optimized however (sound designers with common sense), so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you're on an i7).

"Diversion for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $89 USD until January 15th, 2015 (regular $169 USD). Prices ex. VAT." ;)

http://rekkerd.org/dmitry-sches-release ... diversion/
Eternitysound VST Banks

Great sounding synth, surprised its not more mentioned on KVR.

Diversion CM FX is available if you buy computer music issue number 184 from itunes.
you then have access to the 184 vault.
it's in that.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

GeorgeZ, thank you!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Ok so I'm working on a Vector synth patch where Osc 1 sounds only at the lower left hand corner of the XY Morph grid. I've got Osc 2 in the lower right hand corner, Osc 3 upper left hand corner but I can't seem to get Osc 4 to sound only in the upper right hand corner...........any ideas ? :)

EDIT: I should mention that yes I can use LFOs or MSEGs but I want to manually move the "puck" or XY crossing point with a mouse or if I really want to get fancy use a joystick...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Ok so I'm working on a Vector synth patch where Osc 1 sounds only at the lower left hand corner of the XY Morph grid. I've got Osc 2 in the lower right hand corner, Osc 3 upper left hand corner but I can't seem to get Osc 4 to sound only in the upper right hand corner...........any ideas ? :)

EDIT: I should mention that yes I can use LFOs or MSEGs but I want to manually move the "puck" or XY crossing point with a mouse or if I really want to get fancy use a joystick...........
Hmm... :? Not sure till I get home to check out the settings in Diversion.
Probably a silly question, but did you start from initialized settings for that preset?

Examigan wrote: Probably a silly question, but did you start from initialized settings for that preset?
No you're right that's a silly question........ :hihi:

It doesn't matter where I started and yes I started from Default. It has to do with the combination of X/Y and Osc Volume settings + or -

I've got the other three Oscs at the other three corners so logic dictates that I should be able to place Osc 4 in the fourth corner. I just haven't worked out the proper combination yet......... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Ok so I'm working on a Vector synth patch where Osc 1 sounds only at the lower left hand corner of the XY Morph grid. I've got Osc 2 in the lower right hand corner, Osc 3 upper left hand corner but I can't seem to get Osc 4 to sound only in the upper right hand corner...........any ideas ? :)

Nope, couldn't do that as well (saw your question and got curious). But really, although you'll be able to get there to some extent with the other corners, it isn't really quite vector synthesis yet, I think. Because, if you try it with the three that do work, you'll find that in the middle of the XY grid, all oscs are silent, and I'd think you'd want them to be heard all at the same time.
What you need (but can't do in Diversion) is a more complex modmatrix, which is capable of modifiers (or Via source) and ideally a modulation intensity curve.
Z3ta might get you there (although I don't have it anymore, so I can't test it).

Yes this template was to get 4 Osc's on four corners........seems like if you can get three on three the fourth should be possible as well. I was thinking this type of template would be good when using Oscs that have rhythmic content where you could morph between the four rhythms when you would wouldn't want all four playing at the same time.

The other template would be where all 4 Oscs sound the same when the X/Y is at dead center then as you move the crossing point to one corner that Osc gets louder and the other three get softer which I think is the more conventional definition of Vector Synthesis. I seem to remember working this out in Wusikstation years ago.

Probably Alchemy would be a much better candidate for this type of synthesis but this seemed like a fun exercise as Diversion should be able to make some nice Vector sounds..... :)

Teksonik wrote:Yes this template was to get 4 Osc's on four corners........seems like if you can get three on three the fourth should be possible as well. I was thinking this type of template would be good when using Oscs that have rhythmic content where you could morph between the four rhythms when you would wouldn't want all four playing at the same time.
Ok I tried this after I got home today. I have been trying to get it to work for about an hour, and I can get 3 oscs to work, and then something else goes wacky, and I have to start again...looking it all over. It's like a puzzle box, and if you move a piece, then something else seems to change. I made presets for the Collaboration soundset, but never actually tried making a preset similar to this in Diversion. :shrug:

I wrote to Dmitry about this, as I still can't get it working 100%.

I got Oscs 1, 2, and 4 to work; each will play only in their own corner. Each will reduce in volume as you move away from whichever corner, but not Osc 3, which should only sound off in the top-right corner.

Diversion is such a nice plugin. Otherworldly sound!

Return to “Instruments”