Best Host for working with multiple time signatures?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Best Host for working with multiple time signatures?

No wonky bs happening when you change time sigs.

Easy to use

And so on

I feel silly asking. You would think all host would have this nailed. But AFAIK.. Nope

I change time A LOT, but it's one event following the previous, horizontally.
Cubase has a really great tempo track, but if this is the same issue as the other thread and you really mean two independent 'timelines' simultaneously, def. no.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

no problem

I just mean standard time signature changes for this one :)

Not really tempo changes. Although that can be part of it.

Well, that's the project I have up at the moment. What I'm actually doing here is finding out quite after-the-fact what some of the things are in terms of signature and tempo, that I hadn't bothered with in the making of the music.
The earlier saves of this have a lot of ad hoc decisions from inserting tiny bars to expand, or deleting tiny bars to contract, the time.
This project is just a good way to pass the time and I find out how some of my proclivities display.

But unlike say FL, this defining time sig is just pencil in a signature and there's a box to type it or adjust nominator/denominator with up-down arrows.

Tracktion can do signature and temp change.

AFAIK memyselfandus, Bitwig is the only DAW I have and have run across that does not offer meter changes.

It does allow you to change the signature, but only at the start of the song and for the entire song.

Studio 1, Live, Cubase, Sonar, FL Studio, et al, allow meter changes at any point in the song. Some methods are wonkier than others.

All DAW's I have run across, including BWS, have allowed tempo changes. Again some methods are wonkier than others.

So.....when you ask for best host that does this, pick your poison since they all do.....except Bitwig :shrug: (It will eventually of course ;) )

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:AFAIK memyselfandus, Bitwig is the only DAW I have and have run across that does not offer meter changes.

It does allow you to change the signature, but only at the start of the song and for the entire song.

Studio 1, Live, Cubase, Sonar, FL Studio, et al, allow meter changes at any point in the song. Some methods are wonkier than others.

All DAW's I have run across, including BWS, have allowed tempo changes. Again some methods are wonkier than others.

So.....when you ask for best host that does this, pick your poison since they all do.....except Bitwig :shrug: (It will eventually of course ;) )

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I think the question was more about stuff like this:
And I don't know which host can do that...
Sibelius & Finale can with some trickery, but a DAW ?

Aaahhh, yes, Kullervo, I did not understand this was the question.

Likewise, I know of no DAW that supports multi-stave meters as you have indicated.

As I understood the question and subsequent follow ups, most DAW's do support meter changes in the timeline; however, the caveat is a meter change for one staff is the same meter change for every staff.

What you have shown has been requested for eons. Unfortunately, is seems the devs do not find enough interest in this feature or it is impossible to incorporate.

A pity because I am another that would find this feature beneficial.

Thanks for posting your thoughts and clarifying for me ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

memyselfandus wrote:Best Host for working with multiple time signatures?

No wonky bs happening when you change time sigs.

Easy to use

And so on

I feel silly asking. You would think all host would have this nailed. But AFAIK.. Nope
Logic Pro X, but I also checked, Logic 9 does this as well. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evHLYtS0ihY

Samplitude.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”