De-Essing a... electric guitar? Is this insane?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heard Waves are developing a new set of processors, They'll be called:

'JuanMikeWunder'
'DeDI'Re' and 'DeDI'Re PRO'
'DeStringNoise'
'DeFingerSqueek'
'DeFretbuzz'
'DeNewStringinator'
'ReSetup' and 'ReSetup PRO'
'RePalmuter'
'ReTechnique'
'DeMicplacer'
'ReMicplacer'
'ShitInToGoldinator'
and the most inovative tool to date:
'HowDoMixAnything?' or '¯\(°_o)/¯' for short

They'll save anyone who's anybody from having to do anything properly ever again, Well at least when it comes to tracking electric guitars.

'¯\(°_o)/¯' Will cost more than the entire Mercury Bundle alone and will require at least one entire DiGiGrid MGB + Server One System to run a single instance of! I know that is a hell of alot of a DSP hungry procesor but seriously from what I have heard It'll genuinely revolutionize the way professional audio engineers will work.

All the Waves Artist's alumni are putting the new plugins' through their pace's. I don't have any idea of even an estimated release date (Sorry)

no re-squealilator?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Doesn't amplitube have that?

Hink wrote:no re-squealilator?
Nothing is final yet John, A little birdy tells me they're taking feature requests, I'd hit 'em up with that one, It fits the goals of the bundle IMO
hibidy wrote:Doesn't amplitube have that?
If you turn all the gates and/or noise supressors off and use non wax potted pickups it is possible to get in to ReMicrochronicFDBK territory but I personally haven't found a ReSquealitator so far my friend, I'll be working hard on it though Chris, That is for sure :hihi: (I hope you had a really nice christmas with your family and loved one's btw dude and love & all the best from myself and the children as always)

Zakk Wlyde is collaberating on the new 'RePinchinator' algo, It'll be in the premium version of the bundle!!! :love: :hyper:

jens wrote:Actually I think the best you can do is to rehearse your guitar normally unplugged.
You don't actually play guitar do you ? :lol:

If so then let's hear your sound............ :wink:

Unless your definition of "guitar" is pretty narrow and limited to acoustic.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:(I hope you had a really nice christmas with your family and loved one's btw dude and love & all the best from myself and the children as always)
:hug: Same back at cha!
Zakk Wlyde is collaberating on the new 'RePinchinator' algo, It'll be in the premium version of the bundle!!! :love: :hyper:
:hihi:

Actually a De-Esser is not that insane and something I might just try. I have a little "shizzle" in my guitar sound from the extreme rectified distortion settings. I've been able to Q it out but that seems to suck a little life out of the sound. Couldn't hurt to try a little De-Essing..........

TRacks has a module. I'll demo that in the Custom Shop. Thanks for the idea...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You know what's actually insane? Having 6,529 amp sims and NONE of them sound the way I hear in my head :x

hibidy wrote:You know what's actually insane? Having 6,529 amp sims and NONE of them sound the way I hear in my head :x
I know what you mean. I have not been able to find any plugin(s) that can create a sound I like better than my J Station............ :?

J stations were awesome. Mine went belly up. (I also really enjoyed my digitech GNX )

You're not crazy to De-ess an electric guitar!

I did the same thing years ago when I had to deal with some guitar audio.
I'm not a guitar chain expert, but it was too harsh and abrasive!

I ended up using these two to try and tame it....

Spitfish (Free!)

For the harshness.

Floorfish (Free!)

For the general noise created around 12k that the guitar chain had created

download here: http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.p ... &subItem=5

Turn on the >>listen function<<, then sweep the frequency knob till you
hear more noise/harshness than guitar.Turn off the listen function, and a lot of should be
substantially gone, use the other controls to carve away at it to your liking according
to your guitar chain. It might can end up solving the harshness issue but remove
quite a bit of character.

You may even need multiple instances of the plugins in a chain to
subtlety remove multiple frequencies.

Heri Mkocha

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:'HowDoMixAnything?'
'¯\(°_o)/¯'
Welcome back HowDoAnything!

jancivil wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:'HowDoMixAnything?'
'¯\(°_o)/¯'
Welcome back HowDoAnything!
Cheers Jan :)

Teksonik wrote:
jens wrote:Actually I think the best you can do is to rehearse your guitar normally unplugged.
You don't actually play guitar do you ? :lol:

If so then let's hear your sound............ :wink:

Unless your definition of "guitar" is pretty narrow and limited to acoustic.........

I do - In fact I have a shitload of electrics (besides numerous other plucked instruments), amps (both tube and SS), stomp-boxes (including a few really nice ones), and mics to record it all... :razz:

if you think my advice was bad that most probably tells a lot about your own skill-level. ;-) Even high gain licks and riffs sound good unplugged if played properly - it's all in the fingers and string-vibration. You'll end up understanding what I mean one day. :razz:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

i especially like that floorfish idea.

Return to “Effects”