Risk management aka what people want?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.

Content of choice

Synthesizer Presets
45%
Effect Presets
9%
DAW Content (e.g. Ableton Live Packs)
5%
Audio Samples - Drums (One shot)
32%
Audio Samples - Soundscape, Textures (Loops)
9%

Total votes: 22

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to start a little adventure and try to sell Soundware. I have already a lot of possible content but of course I don't want to offer all. Rather I want to provide customer focused products to serve well suited content.

In fact I want your opinion. What kind of Soundware would you buy.

Additional question: Don you think it makes sense to release a preset bank for e.g. a synthesizer when already a lot of preset banks out there? Will quality be successful?

Thanks ladies and gentlmen and have a good new year
rabbit in a hole

Additional question: Don you think it makes sense to release a preset bank for e.g. a synthesizer when already a lot of preset banks out there? Will quality be successful?

Thanks ladies and gentlmen and have a good new year

^Pros = obviously a good user base. Cons = competition, lots and lots of it. Quality is actually 'subjective', at least in "how" you measure it. :?:

Just don't do anything for Sylenth or Massive, it's like instant sinking in that sea. :roll:

Do Hive or Spire, that's not still over-saturated, but it's hot enough and many folks are using it/would use presets, everything else more geekier found geek who know synthesis/how to program everything he wants. :wink:

You will find success in creating sounds that cannot be found elsewhere. And of course the quality has to be there. The reason I never bothered buying Sylenth1 presets is because they literally are beginning to sound the same to me. Not identical, but close enough.

And probably best to focus on the genres that the synth is geared to. While I see the value in pushing a synth like Sylenth1 to it's limits by creating intense atmosphere/pad presets, I doubt it would sell well considering most people probably did not purchase said synth for ambient soundscape music. And they probably won't sound as delicious and satisfying as atmospheres/pads in VSTi like Alchemy. I could be wrong, but that would be my guess.

For instance, I remember I purchased all the 3rd party Omnisphere electronic dance sound banks I could find simply because there weren't any a couple years ago. But now that market seems to be overdone (I actually regret buying into them, as synths geared toward electronic dance music sounds do it much more efficiently and sound 'better', IMO).

Autobot wrote:Additional question: Don you think it makes sense to release a preset bank for e.g. a synthesizer when already a lot of preset banks out there?
It's extremely unlikely that your presets will be better than the 25.000 existing ones ;)
Sluga wrote:Do Hive or Spire, that's not still over-saturated...
Hive maybe, but Spire has already enough "essential" soundbanks for EDM, Big Room House and Trance ;)
GMusic wrote:You will find success in creating sounds that cannot be found elsewhere.
:tu:

But what happens in reality?

1) The preset designers just recreate sounds that are already in the charts since months.
2) Most designers jump from synth to synth and just port their existing sounds to the new synths.
3) You'll find nearly no unique patches (remember M1 Organ, Lately Bass, Fantasia, CZ ElecOrgan) in today's soundbanks.
GMusic wrote:The reason I never bothered buying Sylenth1 presets is because they literally are beginning to sound the same to me. Not identical, but close enough.
There is indeed no reason to buy 3rd party soundbanks for Sylenth1 because the patches are mostly already available in the factory patches.

Wildfunk wrote:
Sluga wrote:Do Hive or Spire, that's not still over-saturated...
Hive maybe, but Spire has already enough "essential" soundbanks for EDM, Big Room House and Trance ;)
Still there is room for more and if you look how saturated Sylenth and Massive offering is, plenty of room for sure :tu:

Wait, isn't house and trance actually Electronic Dance Music or I'm missing something out here?

Sluga wrote:Wait, isn't house and trance actually Electronic Dance Music or I'm missing something out here?
This is what the kids understand by "EDM":

https://soundcloud.com/orion-sounds-llc ... -edm-vol-1

;)

Wildfunk wrote:
Sluga wrote:Wait, isn't house and trance actually Electronic Dance Music or I'm missing something out here?

;)
Wait, isn't that Big Room/Festival House actually? :scared:

Sluga wrote:Wait, isn't that Big Room/Festival House actually? :scared:
Those genres are just called "EDM" (especially in the US). But they don't mean ALL genres of EDM :) It's the same like in the 90s when everbody was listen to "Techno".

Too many designers focus on instruments - we need more banks for interesting effects. I have made quite a few (e.g. several Uhbiks, ZRev, Soundtoys, Shift, Ringshifter, Transverb, several Reaktor fx, Turnado etc) and so has Simon Stockhausen (eg his Molekular, 2C and Valhalla sets) but I can't think of many others apart from a few for Uhbiks in the u-he library and Ghostwave's Permu8 bank.

Wildfunk wrote:
Sluga wrote:Wait, isn't that Big Room/Festival House actually? :scared:
Those genres are just called "EDM" (especially in the US). But they don't mean ALL genres of EDM :) It's the same like in the 90s when everbody was listen to "Techno".
So basically you are among that bunch too than because you were doing same thing here?

I never cared or dignified how some party people classify their music and yes remember when people called it "techno", never took them or anything related to them seriously, why, because that was clear example how they don't have a clue and back than that scene was actually underground and that folks were just passing by, that's why they never learned how to call any of what they heard, that's why they call it "techno", example "I was at some rave where bunch of wasted weird people was getting lost on some techno", same today I guess, same kind of "strangers" just slapping EDM in lack of better classification. :neutral:

But it's complete fail talking about it like sub genre in sentence where actual sub genres are mentioned too, like you don't know better, c'mon, at least don't spread it further than, be smarter if you call them "kids". :roll:

I understand someone today don't know how to classify his new Beatport charter, "It's like mixture of dubstep, bigroom, "progressive", electro and etc. house, hardstyle and you name it" so he call it "some EDM", which actually is some EDM and if he answers that he is EDM producer that is actually correct too or some "kid" hooked entirely on Beatport Top 100 charts that claim he listens to EDM, everything but this EDM sub genre calling, that's just complete fail. :scared:

Sluga wrote:But it's complete fail talking about it like sub genre in sentence where actual sub genres are mentioned too
I don't have the time to classify all those tracks. No matter if Big/Bullshit/Festival/Bingo/-House, it's f**king "EDM"! Everybody knows that it's just a swearword. Sorry but in this case i really don't care!

Wildfunk wrote:

;)

man this music is SO heard one song heard them all ugh. can't stand this shit. dodo do do do do BABABAB woooooWOOOOOW WOW WOW WOW WOW eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! BLOOOOOOOOOOOW!! yuck

not even mentioning how every artist steals from every artist creating one big bowl of samey shit.

Interesting thread ! :party:

I'm a little surprised that there are so much votes for one shot samples for drums. There is already a lot of libraries available...
my website: https://samiyounes.com
Latest releases: Attraction for Omnisphere 2 | Magma for Omnisphere 2 | Time for Soundtoys EchoBoy

Wildfunk wrote:
Sluga wrote:But it's complete fail talking about it like sub genre in sentence where actual sub genres are mentioned too
I don't have the time to classify all those tracks. No matter if Big/Bullshit/Festival/Bingo/-House, it's f**king "EDM"! Everybody knows that it's just a swearword. Sorry but in this case i really don't care!
Typical, you have no time&clue either as people you are dissing, but still you came on your high horse :dog:

Return to “Soundware”