Seas To Bring

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A Machinedrum jam with some field recording, piano and synth. Downtempo, chill, groove ambient.

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/seas-to-bring
Image Image

quite taken by the subtle use of delay w/ the piano motif(s) ...

Cheers e.crow!
Image Image

Some very nice sounds here. The field recording / piano mixture is excellent and intriguing.

I would have mixed the drum machine lower. It is the loudest and least interesting part IMO.

Excellent use of the field recording. The piano is very warm, with a nice detuned kinda fuzzy sound. I like the creeping lofi sounds in the last third.

I second Frantz' suggestion to turn the drums down. Either that, or notch out the dominant frequencies somewhat. It's a bit hard for it's context. Something to further degrade or texturise the beat in places would also be quite good IMO.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks a bunch guys!

Quite right, the drums are definitely dominant... s'pose I got carried away as it was really my main focus in creating the piece. I did lay down a couple of nasty deep notches on them, but the lack of planning shows.
Image Image

Good to hear a new chilled polyslax piece on a cold, but clear and pleasant day as the post-Christmas recovery continues :wink:

The percussion might be a touch too loud, but it's no biggie. Good to hear the piano making a return, and I really liked the delicate synth? pads.

Good work and Happy New Year :)

A perfect track for this time of year in my world.

It may suffer a little from lack of planning (as other has said regarding the level of the drums) but it sounds very tasteful with all these
subtle elements underneath.

I'm with Tim and don't see it as a biggie.

Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Nice one! It does flow along very nicely, and the mix of elements is balanced well. The floating parts complement the percussion well; they feel like they're in sync, not in conflict. I especially liked that transition (I noted it in the track) where the drums go into more of a backbeat; very natural sounding.

Many thanks folks! :)

I've always tended to work in a fairly spontaneous way... these days I just don't have the time to create any other way.
Image Image

Good stuff. Thanks, polyslax.

Also enjoyed the Plastic Fjord series, but got behind on commenting. Thanks for those too.
No longer a moderator.

Really cool and relaxing vibe Matt! Enjoying it on soundcloud (Link not working here?).
Beautiful sounds as usual! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Very nice chillout work. I have nothing special to say except that I've really liked it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed! :)
Image Image

very tasteful put together. every subtle sound & melody a pleasure to hear. I feel deeply relaxed!

Return to “Music Cafe”