Ambient Tangerine-Dreamy sort of track.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is part of a collection I'm putting together for the old Jopy style of music, something that's been dormant for a couple of years. Like most of the other Jopy music, it's slow unfolding stuff, with very long melodic lines. The titles are related to Microorganisms, because I see images in my head that look sort of like strange creatures floating around in a dish when I listen to this with my eyes closed.

https://soundcloud.com/user7351384/ameoba

Construction wise, the piece was made with the Prophet 08 on arpeggio and pad duty, and a Boomstar 4075 for some of the leads. I recorded Delays and reverbs courtesy of MXR's Carbon Copy, TC electronic Nova Delay, and EHX Cathedral. I guess there's nothing "in the box" for this one, which is new for me.

Comments or observations are very welcome. Thanks!

Gorgeous! Definitely works with the science/cellular theme. The steady beating anchors things nicely while other textures roam freely. Synths are sounding delish, I must say.

Really enjoyed this jopy, keep 'em coming! :)
Image Image

Nice chillout track. The resonance effects are the best part for me. They're almost singing in places. I think I hear some filter FM as well towards the end.

This actually takes me back to when I was young and listening to TD for the first few times.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Did you enjoy your foray (back) into outboard gear? Because it sure sounds like it. Heck I enjoyed it too. Keep up with it it's lovely stuff.

Wow this stuff is awesome! Great sounding stuff!

Analog hardware sure sounds so nice.
:borg:

Thanks everyone for listening!

There are certainly some elements of recording in the box that are better, and I'll never abandon some of those beautiful software synths that simply cannot be achieved in analog, but sometimes it is really nice to just hit record, twist some knobs, and listen to those filters overload in real time.

Listened to this this morning. Even through an earbud it sounded nice. Thanks, jopy.
No longer a moderator.

Isn't it "amOEba"?

Newertheless, I like your track, evocative and dreamy. Some very interesting sound-design here.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Holy cats recursive one, I didn't check the spelling! I'll fix that.

Thanks also for the comments on the track itself, I appreciate that.

Lots of great synth sounds on here. The track has a very calm, relaxed, drifting feel. The bassline is driving and relentless, but it's well disguised by the movement in the parameters, which is true for all of the sounds used here. Definitely reminds me of some of the mid '70s Froese albums.

Good work and a Happy New Year :tu:

Very cool! The build doesn't prepare you for where it ends up, but very worthwhile listening until it reaches the latter half - that in particular makes me think Tangerine Dream

Thanks Seismic and Robojam!

Hi jopy,
like your song. Great work! :-)

"An amoeba (also ameba, amœba or amoeboid) is a type of cell or organism which has the ability to alter its shape, primarily by extending and retracting..." (Source: Wikipedia)
You achieve very well to fit this definition ;-)

Keep on !

(( D ))

drumity wrote:"An amoeba (also ameba, amœba or amoeboid) is a type of cell or organism which has the ability to alter its shape, primarily by extending and retracting..." (Source: Wikipedia)
You achieve very well to fit this definition ;-)

Keep on !

(( D ))
I manage to alter my shape a couple of times per year. I will start the next diet in approx. 3 weeks (just as soon as the Christmas food is gone)

Return to “Music Cafe”