Ircam labs new timestretching tool "TS"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.plugivery.com/products/p1680-TS/

TS IS AVAILABLE UNTIL THE END of DECEMBER AT THE INTRODUCTORY PRICE OF ONLY $99 (MSRP $249).

IRCAM Lab “TS” stands for “Transpose/Stretching” and is a powerful stand alone software application that revolutionizes the way audio signals can be processed.

Unlike other time stretching applications, “TS” uses an advanced phase vocoder engine (SuperVP) as well as the analysis/synthesis functionalities of “AudioSculpt”, providing high-quality sound processing in real-time. This technology offers amazing results even when used to transpose or stretch audio waveforms radically. It is able to transpose and/or pitch a WAV or AIFF audio file with extremely accurate results and minimal artifacts making it possible to process professional recordings with transparent results. A life saver for audio engineers and broadcast technicians!

But “TS” is much more than a simple time stretching tool. the application can transform an audio signal to extreme settings transforming it into a totally new sound! Simply drag a WAV or AIFF file into “TS” and stretch it down at 300%. That will give you a quick idea of how powerful it is. Now try the formant, transient, sinus or noise sliders to sculpt your sound and you create totally original audio textures. Sound designers, DJ’s and musicians will be amazed by the unlimited possibilities offered by “TS” to create totally new sounds. From a basic drum loop to pianos, voices or any other audio signal, “TS” can make something totally wild and original out of it…

You will be able to adapt the length of your compositions with ease to fit the needs of your project. If your song has to end more quickly or be extended for any reason, it is a click of a button away. and you will hear it immediately. Film and advertising work with their demands for different lengths of material will be instantaneously available to deliver the new time format.

Your singer can't reach the lowest note or highest note in your piece, transpose it up and down in real time and let them try it right away.

All this in a simple user-friendly interface with a sound quality and musicality that is astonishing.
Product Features

Sound source Waveform visualisation
Spectral information shown on screen
Transposition in percentage and scale format
Powerful Time Stretching
A unique Shape Preservation mode for voice transformation
Transient shaping
Harmonic and Inharmonic signals Remix options
Midi remote control option
Real time recording directly into the application
Offline bounce (WAV|AIFF, 16|24|32 bit)

It has a fully functional 15 day time trial you can check out.

Mac only for now.

So far i can see this being a "must-own" for ambient producers..
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

Tested the demo and it's probably not the first thing i would use for time stretching. I think Paul-stretch might give this a run for it's money and its free...
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

wasn't the windows version due some months ago ? and even then, wasn't that supposed to be 'soon' ?
anyone know if this intro offer will be repeated when the win version is made available ?

I'm just wary of 'soon' translating to 'several months'.

imo it would be best if they repeated the offer when the win version is ready.

in terms of sound...hmmm... is it really all that much better than the stock stretching and pitch shifting in the likes of Live 8/9 ?

i'd demo it myself it there was a windows version : )

I wrote a review about it in the original topic, it is good quality, but no better than radius or propellerhead reason TS.. the pitchshift has some issues, in that case i found the props far superior.

It's definitely superior to logic's flex time but i wouldn't be worried about it if you use a host with radius or the very top tier z plane. That's my honest opinion.

Daags wrote:wasn't the windows version due some months ago ? and even then, wasn't that supposed to be 'soon' ?
anyone know if this intro offer will be repeated when the win version is made available ?
According to what Don'tCrack have said in the past, yes, yes and yes.

I feel they're somewhat embarrassed by the situation too; they've been repeating to us what the dev team has been telling them.

I hate "soon". It's like signs on a door that say "Back in 10 minutes". :hihi:

I demoed it a while ago and wasn't impressed at all, so the marketing announcement "will be amazed by the unlimited possibilities" somehow did not fit. Compared to other granular tools I use, it is fairly average I would say.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I demoed it a while ago and wasn't impressed at all, so the marketing announcement "will be amazed by the unlimited possibilities" somehow did not fit. Compared to other granular tools I use, it is fairly average I would say.

What other granular tools do you use?

LFO8 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I demoed it a while ago and wasn't impressed at all, so the marketing announcement "will be amazed by the unlimited possibilities" somehow did not fit. Compared to other granular tools I use, it is fairly average I would say.

What other granular tools do you use?
crusherX - MachFive 3 - HALion 5 - Padshop Pro - Kontakt 5 (TM Pro) - Melda's MultiBandGranular - Paultstretch - The Mangle - Cosmosƒ - Radius in RX3 Advanced, probably some more...

EDIT: Metasynth of course, it's spectral stretch algo sounds phenomenal.

iZotope's Radius is very good indeed.

Paulstretch is built into Audacity now - it's amazing.

aMUSEd wrote:Paulstretch is built into Audacity now - it's amazing.
Awesome!
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Wow... Paulstrech is goood. Very good. Can't believe it's for free as well (as is Audacity). This will now be my go2 for extreme stretching.

Return to “Effects”