Gforce introduces the new oddity version 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

Seems like there's no uninstaller at all.

EvilDragon wrote:Seems like there's no uninstaller at all.
Problem is that it doesn't show up in CCleaner either as installed, so can't use that either to do the uninstallation.

Gforce has always been weird about not providing uninstallers. If I'm not mistaken, to uninstall Imposcar 2, you have to run the *installer* (!?) and select an option there.

This is not possible with Oddity.

I'm sure there's some logical explanation in their mind as to why they can't do what virtually every other vst manufacturer on the planet does by either (a) providing an uninstaller or (b) at least providing details on what to delete.

It comes across as lazy and/or obnoxious.

That is a big flaw

If I had bought the plug, and been a bit quick when installing, and just let it install the vst to the default listed in the installer, which was not my main vst directory.

How could I fix that afterwards, the quickest is usually to uninstall and install again. Moving a *.dll file between folders after it has been installed isn't always possible as it can lead to it not functioning properly.

I've noticed several companies selling vst plugins that don't have uninstallers, Xfer Serum being the most recent.

Actually, with plug-ins, you usually can do this (I do it all the time). You just have to make sure if they have some kind of support files, and in case they have, where do they install them (in the case of GForce, they usually have, and that's why I choose to install their plug-ins in their own directory, and copy the files later to where I want them).

If you already installed, it's as simple as running hte installer again, and the second time install them where you want them to. After that, you can safely delete the previous installed files.
Fernando (FMR)

I had to delete 4 folders and 6 files to completely remove Oddity2.

On mac it's pretty rare to have an uninstaller. Even plugins which do usually leave fragments behind, particularly within the hidden user library folder. Devs take note, it's very frustrating having to trawl through folders to remove all traces of a plugin!

Just demo'd and purchased. Wow, this thing sounds good. The pads were the surprise for me, which I suppose unsurprisingly is due to the original being duophonic, so no beautiful stacked chords or whatnot there.
A well-behaved signature.

Oddity 2 sounds absolutely sublime. Spectacular even.

GForce really know how to make digital soft synths sound lush and warm. Oddity 2 along with impOSCar2 have set the bar incredibly high for soft synths - both featuring some stunning presets that have clearly been lovingly crafted by Dave and the GForce sound designers.

I'm a huge fan and admirer of GForce and Dave Spiers. He's so damned passionate about synths, sound design and his products. Don't forget to check out Sonic State's exclusive walk-through with Dave himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIK0ud5X9lE

I just wish GForce had invested as much time into the GUI design as the audio engine and presets. It could use a little love.

Don't let the GUI hold you back. Oddity 2 is stunning.

Oddity 2 is "better than football or talking to people." Dave Spiers

Padamantium - 100 Pads for Repro-5 available now @ The Patchbay.
Also packs for TAL-UNO-LX, Oddity 2, TAL-Bassline101 https://thepatchbay.co.uk/creator/kimik/

Return to “Instruments”