WOW2 LFO Re-trigger by incoming audio?????

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
WOW2

I've been struggling with doing this simple task since i purchased WOW2 many months ago. Tired of fumbling....now its time to ask...
In simple terms i want the LFO to be turned on by the incoming audio....nothing more nothing less....but the way the "audio trig" option in the LFO section works makes absolutely no sense to me.

If i turn on "audio trig" in the lfo section and setup the sensitivity appropriately i expect the lfo to START exactly when the audio level crosses over the sensitivity threshold...but instead it does the opposite....the lfo is running constantly when the audio is below the threshold (not loud)...and when the audio goes over the threshold (meaning the sound is loud) it stops the LFO completely. Seems bass ackwards doesn't it? :nutter:

Is their no way to setup WOW2 to start the lfo when audio goes OVER the sensitivity threshold????

Its quite dumb...
The way I found is to have a really tiny decay envelope on the incoming signal, so the level drops a bit and then sustains (on a Synth). Set the threshold so that as soon as the level drops below the threshold the LFO is active. each time You send an audio input into it, it will retrigger the LFO..
Very dumb...
There should also be a Midi retrigger function....it has a retrigger button which needs a Midi cc to retrigger it...so I guess it would need Automation at the start of every note....
how twisted...

I asked for the MIDI retrigger over a year ago, I've also emailed them about it (soon, they say). Don't hold your breath.

:(

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=391217

Maybe we should get Skrillex to make the request on our behalf?!

Return to “Sugar Bytes”