The Hang - poll closed

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:The question comes back to the original topic though...

What are your plans for "The Hang" and in which format?
I have no idea yet and I need to develop some fresh ideas and strategies quickly if I want to keep patchpool up and running.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
BBFG# wrote:The question comes back to the original topic though...

What are your plans for "The Hang" and in which format?
I have no idea yet and I need to develop some fresh ideas and strategies quickly if I want to keep patchpool up and running.
Ah...you're going to keep us 'hanging' on. :D

All of us little fish want patchpool to be filled with fresh fluids, clean patches and dirty filthy tweaky sounds for as long as sonic swimming is an audio art and not an olympic corporate event.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
All of us little fish want patchpool to be filled with fresh fluids, clean patches and dirty filthy tweaky sounds for as long as sonic swimming is an audio art and not an olympic corporate event.
I want that too, but intentions don't sell.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
mandolarian wrote:
I want that too, but intentions don't sell.
Oh...it's a sales thing. You'll need flyers and a band. And coffee and donuts for the kids. And some products. But, priorities...
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Just a thought, why don't you tweak a few more natural programmes for all the formats and save the more involved sampler specific ones for future libraries, I would happily pay $20-40 US for a non sound design type set.

I know it's not what you really do but the sales might be there. :tu:

Yes, I was going to do that anyway, for now this project is on hold though, I need to sort out things and contemplate a little more about the future, finish my Serum set (almost ready), work on the Iris subscription, do some 3rd party jobs and slowly decide which platform to choose as my main ship for the next few years.

What about an small soundset for Padshop pro in similar fashion to Granular guitars/worls? Just for the fun of making grains out of hang samples.

By the way, I have a Hapi drum at home (a cheap tuned percussion instrument similar in concept to the hang), what kind of mics would you recommend for recording this kind of instruments?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:What about an small soundset for Padshop pro in similar fashion to Granular guitars/worls? Just for the fun of making grains out of hang samples.

By the way, I have a Hapi drum at home (a cheap tuned percussion instrument similar in concept to the hang), what kind of mics would you recommend for recording this kind of instruments?
I also got a HAPI by Asian Sounds after sampling the HANG, as I wanted something similar yet affordable in my instrument collection. Depends on your micing technique and how close you want to mic it. 2x Neumann K184 or 2x Shure KSM 137 would be perfectly fine for only stereo, I do everything in L-C-R since many years and mostly use a stereo set of K184 for LR and a U87 for the center. With an L-C-R setup you would want to phase-aling the mic signals.

Padshop Pro is a good candidate for textural HANG sounds and already on my list, it's a pretty popular instrument now so that would make sense.

I'd switch my former Alchemy vote over to Padshop Pro in a heartbeat now. But I realize, of course, the poll is closed. :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
rod_zero wrote:What about an small soundset for Padshop pro in similar fashion to Granular guitars/worls? Just for the fun of making grains out of hang samples.

I also got a HAPI by Asian Sounds after sampling the HANG, as I wanted something similar yet affordable in my instrument collection. Depends on your micing technique and how close you want to mic it. 2x Neumann K184 or 2x Shure KSM 137 would be perfectly fine for only stereo, I do everything in L-C-R since many years and mostly use a stereo set of K184 for LR and a U87 for the center. With an L-C-R setup you would want to phase-aling the mic signals.

Padshop Pro is a good candidate for textural HANG sounds and already on my list, it's a pretty popular instrument now so that would make sense.
Thanks for the advice, hadn't considered recording it in stereo but it does make sense. I will have save a little bit for two of those KSM 137
dedication to flying

Return to “patchpool”