LFO modulating voice volume never shuts off even after midi data is not playing

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I use Synthmaster 2.6 and Pro Tools 11 on my windows 7 64 bit desktop.

I am trying to modulate the voice volume in layer 1 using an lfo and cannot get the lfo to shut off playing the sound. To set this up I right click over the voice volume in layer1 and select modulation source\synth\synth lfo1. I then go to the lfo menu and change the parameters to my taste. I notice that the lfo keeps playing sound even when the midi data is no longer playing. I tried to adjust all setting on the lfo1 screen but the sound keeps playing. In order to shut the sound off I had to move the lfo volume to zero manually and then back up.

Please help me figure out how to make this work.

Thanks.
Pro Tools 11.1.3, Windows 7 64 bit, Sweetwater Creation Station 250 with Intel core i5 3.4ghz, RAM: 16gb, Audio Interface: Avid Eleven Rack, Synthmaster 2.6, Hybrid3, Vacuum Pro, Ozone5, Alloy2, Waves Plugins

Set in MATRIX mod LFO volume by ADSR. There is two way:
1. let volume LFO on maximum and on MATRIX where you set up value, click on "+" icon and change from "add" to another option (i cant remember now how it call, there are only two options "add" and another).

2. set volume LFO on minimum and on MATRIX add value.

Hope this help.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I tried this and still cannot seem have the volume shut off. Once I add a target as layer one voice volume and modulation source by lfo1 and set the matrix to x for multiply and the knob to 1, it never shuts off. I even followed the manual on page 21 and it still doesn't work for me. For some reason it continues to play even if I stopped playing my midi track. The only way I can get it to shut off is to turn the voice volume all the way down and then up again.

Any other tips would be helpful.

This may be a bug.

Thanks.
Pro Tools 11.1.3, Windows 7 64 bit, Sweetwater Creation Station 250 with Intel core i5 3.4ghz, RAM: 16gb, Audio Interface: Avid Eleven Rack, Synthmaster 2.6, Hybrid3, Vacuum Pro, Ozone5, Alloy2, Waves Plugins

Oh, sorry, you want layer 1 voice. I was think you want osc voice what is different part. Layer 1 Voice working different as Osc voice. In Layer Voice, imagine as infinite sound generation and midi notes only open volume up and down by ADSR. I think that working SynthMaster. Adding layer voice to LFO midi notes open voice volume and lfo will continue aopen and close this note into infinity. You need negative values for the lfo, in this case.

Forget what i was say before (in first post). And try again this options:
1. Try in MOD MATRIX where you modulate layer 1 voice change to multiply and set up maximum value, or
2. change from multiply to add and set up minimum value as possible.
3. Change layer 1 voice to Osc 1 voice and Osc2 voice (if you use Osc2), to lfo volume control.

Thank you so much. This finally works!!!!!! I really appreciate it.

Here are the steps I did based on your advice to get it to work:
I right clicked on on layer1 osc1 (this was the only osc playing sound) volume and made it the target in the matrix and then set layer1 lfo1 as its source in the matrix. I set the matrix target to "add" and turned the its dial to the left most value.

I was trying to get my synth part to pump in the off beat, but no matter what combination of time (1/2, 1/8, 1/16..... and so on ) and use of bipolar, retrigger or phase adustment, I was not able to get it to work. Do you have any tips on how to make a synth part pump in the off beat only, using the lfo?

Thanks.

Hmm, it depends how you compose beat.
Try this:
1. sync to 1/4
- in LFO you can choose Sine, Triangle, or Square - each make different "pump".
- move with phase (in the LFO) to value, when you hear beat off (if you move with phase knob, it will be better move with mouse wheel - it set precise value).
2. sync to 1/4
- in LFO you choose Step or Glide
- set it to 2 Stages and Start from 1
- one stage into 0 and second maximum
- if you wish, you can smooth the line

hope this help.

Thanks much! I was able to get it to work.

Return to “KV331 Audio”