It's been a while so I thought...

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Agree with you @bullfrog, RC is a really innovative application indeed and worthy of support. It has amazing potential and that's why the kind exceptionally kind gesture of a refund was declined!

2.78 (which was rolled back too last night) is running quite happily after the initial download was somehow corrupted (thank goodness for disk imaging). It's both remarkable and encouraging to see the advancements made over the last few years, not only does it offer amazing creative potential but is extremely educating in the mechanics of music making as well.

2.8 is unfortunately problematic on this installation, as Attila has said, he is aware of some issues he with the undo and database rebuilding and a new bug that has emerged in the 2.8 update and, that's something which is certainly not specific to RC! Just browse ant DAW user forum, it's also quite fair to say that machine specifics and other software influence performance in many ways, take for example east west play libraries and the problems their last update created due to conflict in 3D video drivers as well as it's use of Quick Time which renders the Steinberg hub all but useless for many users.

It seems the next point upgrade addressing some issues is almost ready to roll out, observance of this forum from the first encounter of RC has shown the support and user interaction from Attila has always been first class and without question.

Every one will use an application in a myriad different ways, from this end,it's hoped that it can be set up to assist in converting ideas into authentic orchestral and choral arrangements and the like. The huge amounts of staccato strings phrases posted in the user forums demonstrate that potential admirably, though that will take some time to setup.

As always, time spent on any application is of the essence to get the utilise it to its maximum, unfortunately, due to commitments it has only been possible to spend a few hours over the last few weeks exploring the capabilities in the environment it will be eventually be used in. Experience has taught that it's folly to suddenly jump in at the deep end with new untested software whilst in the middle of other peoples projects!

Will be looking forward to spending some more time exploring RC and trying out 2.8 again as and when time permits.

And yes, would encourage everybody to download and explore this remarkable and extremely sophisticated piece of software, and of course to be sure they create a disk image or restore point beforehand as should be done with any new application installation!

Thanks for your advice dsan, found the option to not load the last session on launch after rolling back to 2.78 last night so will apply that straight away when 2.8 is reinstalled.

Will spend some time when possible exploring that version as it's quite stable. Looking forward to the adventures in RC, as Neil Peart wrote in one of my favourite Rush tracks "the point of the journey is not to arrive" :-)

Hi outsounder,
outsounder wrote:The option to not load in last session at boot may assist in would be helpful. Are there crash logs saved anywhere that can be viewed or sent to you?
If you hold down the Ctrl key during starting RC, the last composition will not be loaded.
You can turn this behavior off in the Settings (called "Load Last Edited Composition at Startup").
As of now the loading problems are fixed in the latest beta version (v2.82b1). Also VST plug-in state handling was reworked during Undo/Redo so that you don't experience a delay unnecessarily.
A new update will be released in a few days when these improvements are fully tested.
outsounder wrote:The screen is all there whilst it's loading in the last session but them jumps outside of screen so that only the top half and top task bar is visible, not allowing any screen resize.
You can always resize the window by dragging any (left, top, right, bottom) edges. Please note the mouse cursor does not change over the window edge to indicate the possibility of resizing, this is a known issue.
outsounder wrote:Sometimes the entire task bar disappears whilst booting, unfortunately, once word clock sync is lost over fiber optics, literally everything has to be rebooted in sequence, very time consuming.
I suspect this is an audio issue. The worst is that I have no access to the serious studio equipment that you use so that I can try to fix things. I am not sure if you have ASIO4All installed, RapidComposer is known to work well with ASIO4All when there are issues with the main ASIO driver. Did you check if RC sets the right audio interface (Setting / Audio)? When there are multiple ASIO drivers, it sets the first one by default, which may not be the right one. It is a good idea to try to increase the ASIO buffer size if you set it to less than 3 msec, maybe RC has not enough time to render the composition. (Please note that rendering is way more complex in RC than in a DAW, due to the non-destructive editing there are many layers that need processing...)

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thank you Attila, all good All good stuff!

Just to round this topic off, version 2.82 released on January 27th has resolved all the issues I was experiencing at the start of this post!

Thank you You Attila, for your excellent support and speed at which the issues where dealt with!

Where Attila passes...
Each issue trespasses...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”