Deselecting Fun

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys. Not sure if this has been covered already , it's a very basic issue so i'm sure somebody else has noticed it already. Please let me know if i'm doing something really stupid...

Selecting regions is fine, but DEselecting them is a pain in the ass!!!

Check this video for example: https://audiofreaks.box.com/s/ocpn7j82q ... eu56wtbllx

You can *kinda* hold CMD (mac) to deselect them - but it works really weird. You cant hold it and drag a box around the regions for starter, and when you do them one-by-one, it deselects one every two...ie it skips some. it's bizarre. Clicking a few times on one of the skipped regions either deselects it (at last) OR opens the editor! aghh! It's certainly not elegant. :-)

Can anybody confirm?

Cheers

Sorry to bump, but can anybody just let me know if this is same for everyone, or specific to me?

It's a really easy one to test... Create like 10 regions, select them, then try to deselect say the last 4 of them. (without deselecting everything first)

Possible & simple? Or clumsy & weird?

Thank you.

no problem here. hold the CMD key while clicking regions/notes to deselect them

yes, confirmed here on Mac OS X 10.9.5

i've sent it out to tech support. ;)

Thanks !

Support have confirmed it. (reply below)

"I do get this too, yes. Problem seems to be that every 1st click you do, is used to highlight a clip. And deselecting is only performed one any clip is highlighted. Nope, that does not make too much sense, I agree! We'll fix that!"

Prob a Mac only bug

oops sorry, i didnt read all your post :)
yea requires 2 clicks to deselect here. cheers for the update.

+1

Return to “Bitwig”