2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

I'm spending time with Kaleidoscope today, I have set it up in Numerology 4 Pro on Yosemite. I turn off everything Wifi, only other program I'm using is Activity monitor to keep track of multi core usage.

There is one anomaly I'm experiencing that is when I first start the transport, there is no sound, but stopping and restarting the Numerology transport there is a click and then it works!

I'm using a native firewire port on my Midi 2011 3.1 Ghz i5 iMac connected to a Motu traveller Mk3.

I've set the buffers in Numerology and Kaleidoscope to Numerologies maximum possible of 1024..

The performance I'm seeing is acceptable so Kaleidoscope is now at the top of my list.

I'm making a setup with a couple submixers so I can do automation on the wet and dry signals both into the KS and into the B2 reverb..

So I don't really see that there will be any thing lacking as far as having usable realtime control of the most important signals, like wet dry mix, pre KS, post KS pre KS + B2 post KS + B2 post KS - B2 etc .

One question is there any new builds out yet? I just redownloaded KS the new download was created 22 January, the original was created on the 15th of January, so that tells me something may have been changed..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

guys,

some people reported that they could not get AAX version to work in PT on OSX.
indeed there was some problem. I recompiled them using latest AAX SDK and re-signed with Pace tools.
Now they work ok.

if you would like to test it email me to support@2caudio.com

Regards,
Denis (2CAudio)

Processing an arpeggiated chord sequence played with one of my Serum patches with KS, changing things on the fly, the ending is bad as I tried to switch to a related preset and I failed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SNkcndZE7U

Fascinating visuals, and nice sequence. There were some interesting moments for sure.. Thanks for showing Simon!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Processing an arpeggiated chord sequence played with one of my Serum patches with KS, changing things on the fly, the ending is bad as I tried to switch to a related preset and I failed.
In a project, a solution would be to run 2 or more parallel instances and doing crossfades between them to manage this before rendering. Running on different tracks would parse the plugin to different cores.

I'm starting to see what is possible with KS. It's pretty amazing. I'm also starting to see how it can evolve into something even more powerful; I've had similar ideas but I never realized how CPU intensive this stuff could be.

My first suggestion for a Midi implementation would be to simply be able to play the root notes in the KS tuning/scaling window via the keyboard, so either a dedicated octave-zone of the keyboard would be assigned to the 12 semitones, or even better, the whole Midi-tuning range from C-2 to G8 would be available (KS goes even further in range though). Which means we would need a Midi-controlled plugin version for Logic users (in Cubase the FX version would suffice if it had a Midi in option).

Breeze wrote: In a project, a solution would be to run 2 or more parallel instances and doing crossfades between them to manage this before rendering. Running on different tracks would parse the plugin to different cores.

I'm starting to see what is possible with KS. It's pretty amazing. I'm also starting to see how it can evolve into something even more powerful; I've had similar ideas but I never realized how CPU intensive this stuff could be.
I think for a quick workflow atm it's best to instantly render KS results and take it from there, especially when other COU-hungry plugs are involved and instruments have to be tracked which requires low buffer sizes until you're doing slow ambient at 50 BPM.

jackmazzotti wrote: Thanks for all those details. Fractal Smith Tuney looks really cool. I hope KS will support .tun or .scl files in the future. I have all my organized in Omnisphere and I would love to transfer them over.
KS does support Scala files, doesn't it?
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Experimental Jam:
First I isolated a snippet from an e-bowed electric guitar texture in WaveLab (unfortunately RX3 doesn't save in 64 Bit), then truncated that to 2048 sample length, converted it to 64 Bit and imported it into KS, running in Tuning Mode: Waveform Max Min Hertz, using only the noise generator as an exciter for the string resonator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chttd5LE-Tg

arachnaut wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote: Thanks for all those details. Fractal Smith Tuney looks really cool. I hope KS will support .tun or .scl files in the future. I have all my organized in Omnisphere and I would love to transfer them over.
KS does support Scala files, doesn't it?
no

The scale format is based on Scala. We support decimal with double precision floating point precision and we support fractional ratios as well. We do not currently support tuning ratios defined in cents.

See the end of the manual for specifics. The file extension is .txt though not .scl just to make it more convinient to open and edit in normal text editors.

w1awb wrote:Interesting. Well I am Cubase 8 Windows 7 so maybe that's the difference. (Not OS X) My system is fairly up to date. It's an i7 4930 with 32 gb of ram. Still...it would be nice if somebody else could reproduce this problem. As I said ...everything is working fine in Cubase 7.5 and Live 9.

Andy B

Galbanum wrote:Hey guys. All of the "full song" demo examples were done in cubase 8 on OS X. Wayfarer, AS1, Andreas Sans I all did personally as well as most everything else that does not have someone else's name on it.

I personally definitely did not have any issues selecting images, turnings, or waveforms or anything else in cubase on OS X. For wayfarer pieces I was running 12-16 instances live plus several b2s and aether's and maybe a breeze or two. This is on a Mac pro 12 core cylinder.

All of the dry isolated demo sounds that I did were done either in Cubase 8 on osx or in sound forge on windows (on w dual 4 core xeon machine from 2010) The playlist is like 3.5 hours long already for the demo sounds!
I've been at it for about an hour straight now in Win7-64, and I have the same problem. I definitely am not able to change anything except for the presets from the browser. I cannot change scales or images. I can, however change note and octave, as well as, timings. This basically makes it impossible to
Get very far into uncharted territory at will. It also negates the utility of buying the additional files. I'll stand by for an update.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Well that's an odd one. We'll definately explore. Thanks. I'll be back in the office Tuesday when I return from NAMM. Denis may be able to explore before then even.

Galbanum wrote:Well that's an odd one. We'll definately explore. Thanks. I'll be back in the office Tuesday when I return from NAMM. Denis may be able to explore before then even.
Enjoy the show. I'm jealous. Gotta get to NAMM one of these days. When you get back and get un-jetlagged, let me know if you need more info. I hope my issue isn't one of those odd outliers that are hard to reproduce. Might be as simple as just reinstalling. I'm on Cubase 8.05 64 bit, btw, so I've done their first point update.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

You are not alone! My problem is EXACTLY the same. I am also Win 7 64 and Cubase 8.05.

Andy B

I hope my issue isn't one of those odd outliers that are hard to reproduce. Might be as simple as just reinstalling. I'm on Cubase 8.05 64 bit, btw, so I've done their first point update.[/quote]

Return to “Effects”