Gforce Oddity 2 YES / NO???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

quantum7 wrote:I finally tried the demo for the Oditty2 this morning and I really like it. Well worth the asking price IMO. That vintage 80's sound brought a smile to my face all morning. :D I really don't need it....but do want it. :)
Didn't the ARP Odyssey go on sale in 72?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Well..... the Odyssey Mk III was manufactured & sold into the early 80's. :lol:

Oddity 2 hands down

I'm selling Oddity 2 for £70 if anyone is interested and also Imposcar 1 for £35. PM me if anyone's interested. Payment by Paypal. They both go NFR afterwards.

Arcvidean.
Last edited by Arcvidean on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YES!

Wait, what was the question?
A well-behaved signature.

Yes! ...they should definitely address all the quirks mentioned here, but they are all things you can live with. It sounds awesome. With an update it could be synth of the year.
Padamantium - 100 Pads for Repro-5 available now @ The Patchbay.
Also packs for TAL-UNO-LX, Oddity 2, TAL-Bassline101 https://thepatchbay.co.uk/creator/kimik/

I think their pricing strategy is a miscalculation. I think if they halved the price they would get significantly more than double the sales. The current price sits outside of the synth sweet spot. Just having a quick think now, at USD$89 I think I would grab it. Maybe it is selling its nut sack off, however no one in the group of producers I hang around with has bought it and it rarely ever features in any of those ubiquitous "top ten synth" threads you see around the place (selection bias/sample size nothwithstanding...from all reports it is a great synth, so perhaps we can infer that sales are not what they should be for a synth of this quality.

Kindred wrote:I think their pricing strategy is a miscalculation. I think if they halved the price they would get significantly more than double the sales. The current price sits outside of the synth sweet spot. Just having a quick think now, at USD$89 I think I would grab it. Maybe it is selling its nut sack off, however no one in the group of producers I hang around with has bought it and it rarely ever features in any of those ubiquitous "top ten synth" threads you see around the place (selection bias/sample size nothwithstanding...from all reports it is a great synth, so perhaps we can infer that sales are not what they should be for a synth of this quality.
$89, seriously? :lol:

I bet if they made it free, even more people would use it.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

TBH, it sounds really good, IMO.
A well-behaved signature.

Can someone tell me how often Gforce has sales? I missed the intro price, but would like to grab it on their next sale......if they have sales.

Rarely.

quantum7 wrote:Can someone tell me how often Gforce has sales? I missed the intro price, but would like to grab it on their next sale......if they have sales.
I think you'll be waiting 2 or 3 years at least before Oddity 2 is discounted I'm afraid.

I couldn't talk myself into buying it. I still use oddity 1 regularly and there just wasn't enough in the update for me to care. I'm sure I'll grab it someday on impulse but I'm not feeling any burning desire to have it compared to version 1. That being said if you don't have version one I would wholeheartedly recommend this thing to anybody. The ARP is a classic and very fun sound to have and they did a hell of a job. The crazy minimonsta modulation is just a bonus.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Oh my poor eyes. I get it that they want something that sounds like the hardware equivalent, but does it have to look like it on the screen? 75 quid is a tad much for an upgrade of my current Oddity license. Pass!

lnikj wrote:
quantum7 wrote:Can someone tell me how often Gforce has sales? I missed the intro price, but would like to grab it on their next sale......if they have sales.
I think you'll be waiting 2 or 3 years at least before Oddity 2 is discounted I'm afraid.
Doh! :dog: The price seems fair, it's just that I already have so many great synths and don't really need Odity 2......I just want it. :)

Return to “Instruments”