Free Mastering Compressor "Infinity"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for making this available Frederick. A decidedly colourful Master Bus compressor that will definitely find a place in my setup, especially for OSC entries where the FX have to be free plugins.

V2 working fine in Reaper here. :)

Links are not working

Ultrasonic said- "If a dev wants to stay small thats fine, but when there are issues that make the plugin uncomfortable to use, and people are echoing it, fix it or dont sell it. Its up to you."

This was the statement that got my knickers in a twist. This goes beyond constructive criticism in my opinion. If you have a suggestion for the developer, offer it. If he/she chooses to ignore it it's up to them. I wouldn't consider it my place to say fix it or stop.

Anyway, sorry for prolonging this distraction, just wanted to explain my knicker trouble. I'll try and bite my tongue from now on but let's make an effort to be polite to the people offering something free.

I wouldn't consider it my place to say fix it or stop.
But see thats where you went wrong. Nobody ever said "stop" selling it. Im not sure how you could interpret it this way. Its freeware. Especially after i said "its up to you".
If i say "its up to you" does that sound to you like "i think its my place" or "its up to someone else"??

My point was that it *wont* sell in that state, and it wouldnt. After you pointed out my text, i see that i wanted to say
"If a dev wants to stay small thats fine, but when there are issues that make the plugin uncomfortable to use, and people are echoing it, fix it or dont plan on selling it. Its up to you.
at the very least thats what i was thinking when i typed it...... but thanks for giving me a chance to explain myself and not getting your knickers in a twist over it :roll: Seems like you just wanted to interpret my post for the worst. If i were this guy jumping every thread to make negative comments thats one thing, but thats not the case.

My interest here is the same as yours. Hopeful this plugin will be everything it CAN be.
There ya have it...

Dammit! I'm trying to bite my tongue but I don't eat meat.

Ultrasonic, even your amended statement sounds harsh to me. If this were not a bunch of characters on a screen and you actually walked into a shop planning on selling a totally new product and said to person setting up their display 'Me and some other people find your product uncomfortable to use, fix it or don't plan on selling it, it's up to you.' Would that not be a little harsh?

The first part is fine- 'you find it uncomfortable to use'. Useful information for a merchant.
The second part- 'fix it or don't plan on selling it'. Not so much. The merchant gets to decide whether to act on it or not. If he doesn't make the changes you are free to purchase something/nothing else.

I don't even really have a stake in this- I'm not the developer and I didn't find the plugin useful for my particular needs.
But I have discovered many free plugins on this site and I don't want people thinking they will be forced to address a litany of requests if they release something- paid or otherwise.

You are probably a perfectly nice person who meant no harm, but your typed words have no contextual non-verbal enhancement so IN MY OPINION you should choose them more carefully.

I'm going to try and avoid this thread to give my bitten tongue and my twisted knickers a rest.

Hope everybody gets the plug they want and the developer gets a shirt-load of donations.

Just to jump in here.

As far as i can see, a few people made some suggestions for improvements, the dev responded by acting on these suggestions and releasing a v2. What's the problem here? It seems like all this has escalated from the dev explaining why he originally designed it the way he did. English is probably not his first language, maybe his comments came across the wrong way but it seems clear to me that he welcomes the feedback and wants to make a plugin people enjoy using.

Anyway, I've downloaded it and will check it out soon. Not really looking for another compressor myself right now, but if its good I'm sure I'll put it to use. Anyone have any thoughts on its potential as an indiviual track compressor? Is there much latency?

Today I'm excited.. My mac plugin works fine. It's whitout visuals so far, but that's a little detail now.

Frederick, is your mail system already working ?
Haven`t received news i.e. for v2 and may need to whitelist you on my spam filter.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I've not really used this much yet but I have a feeling it may well find a home on my bass buss in future projects.

Omkar wrote:Frederick, is your mail system already working ?
Haven`t received news i.e. for v2 and may need to whitelist you on my spam filter.
Me neither :neutral:

beingmf wrote:
Omkar wrote:Frederick, is your mail system already working ?
Me neither :neutral:
Same here.

Yes but I didn't have the time to send the emails yet.
You can download the V2 version on http://www.stabrecordings.com/infinity_ ... ressor_vst
If you place your email again I will filter out double emails later on.

Did not send something also because I don't like to spam people that have downloaded the V2 version after
3 days of release date.

At the moment I have 2389 downloads, so I'm happy!
187€ donations / target 3200 for full development and analog version.

At the moment I'm working on a Mac and 64 bit version in C++.

The beta team expanded with professional studio users as well (15 people) :)

frederickalonso wrote:Did not send something also because I don't like to spam people that have downloaded the V2 version after 3 days of release date.
I really really appreciate that.

chris.r wrote:
frederickalonso wrote:Did not send something also because I don't like to spam people that have downloaded the V2 version after 3 days of release date.
I really really appreciate that.
Thanks for reply and it`s cool to think this way,
just wanted to make sure my spam filter does not trick me.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I like this thing pretty well and can say it has improved a few mixes of mine. Just wondering what was going on with it?

fredrick is being called a fraud over at GS (which doest feel like the case to me-what do i know tho) and one clown who DONATED for the development is stomping his feet and whining about not getting new plugins from frederick.
Nothing happens, this is the problem, still waiting for any news about the mac and deluxe versions I paid for.
Talk about a sense of entitlement.....

Anyway, it DOES seem as if we dont see much of you frederick, so if youre out there, some of us ARE still hoping for a 64bit version.
There ya have it...

Return to “Effects”