Waves H-Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/waves-audi ... g-in-28773

Seems pretty interesting. At least they have been recently trying hard to innovate and come up with new ideas. If it sounds as good as any of the other H-series plugins this is going to be a winner, I guess.
No signature here!

I envy those that went Mercury - where this is included for free.

They talked about reverse tails and stuff - one wonders if to experiment with this what is best toolbox?

It's been about 10 years or so since Waves released a reverb! Nice ergonomics and looks flexible enough without being daunting. I have high hopes.

DubLifeSD wrote:It's been about 10 years or so since Waves released a reverb! Nice ergonomics and looks flexible enough without being daunting. I have high hopes.
That is factually not correct. If I remember correctly they released an convulsion reverb for live performance last year.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
DubLifeSD wrote:It's been about 10 years or so since Waves released a reverb! Nice ergonomics and looks flexible enough without being daunting. I have high hopes.
That is factually not correct. If I remember correctly they released an convulsion reverb for live performance last year.
Manny Marroquin Verb cant be toooo many years old. Not 10.
There ya have it...

Ok maybe a little exaggerated, but it's been some time since they have released a verb along the lines of Trueverb and Renaissance reverb.

Looking forward to trying this out. Looks like a super innovative reverb, hope it sounds as good as it looks.

They said in one video that this (and the dbx) will be out in a matter of weeks.
Last edited by raymondwave on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm upset it isn't orange.

LOL!! That's a good point. Why are they not orange!!

Not that it's my fav color or anything, but the H-Delay and H-comp have a very distinctive look about them. Having said that H-EQ isn't orange either?!?

I think the Hybrid series are a great idea. Taking what is great from both digital and analogue and throwing them together in a way where they compliment each other.

I take a bit of a hybrid approach to mixing myself so these plugins are definitely agreeable to my methodologies.

At the moment there ha been too much emphasis on retro processing devices and analogue saturation we're beginning to end up back in the days of mud because many have just been over liberal with these processes.

Using analogic emulations to your advantage is great so long as it's not over done. And if your looking for just a hint of it but some of the digital clarity and practicality, these hybrid devices are great at allowing you to just dial in how much of that classic character that you want.

:)

H-EQ is not orange either so go figure.
No signature here!

I'm upset H-EQ isn't orange.

So, I'm reading that and I hear NO talk about how good/bad any of you think of it? Or is it not released yet?

I can't see this as a part of the same series as H-delay and H-comp, despite the name.

I don't have H-eq, but H-delay and H-comp are both very simple straight-to-the-point kind of plugins with no extra bells and whistles, whereas this H-reverb looks like a real powerhouse with plenty of new innovative features atleast I haven't seen on a reverb before.

In one video they said it'll be out in a matter of weeks.

raymondwave wrote:I can't see this as a part of the same series as H-delay and H-comp, despite the name.

I don't have H-eq, but H-delay and H-comp are both very simple straight-to-the-point kind of plugins with no extra bells and whistles, whereas this H-reverb looks like a real powerhouse with plenty of new innovative features atleast I haven't seen on a reverb before.

In one video they said it'll be out in a matter of weeks.
H simply stands for Hybrid, which this is.
(There's also a set screw to change the color to orange.)

Return to “Effects”