Windows Build for current standalone version

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

thanks for maintaining this great synth and the vital forum !

I tried to run the CMake-based build on windows but ran into problems (obviously there are many Linux-dependencies).

Browsing the forum posts I found several reports by people how actually succeeded in building more recent versions of ZynAddSubFX on Windows e.g. using Visual Studio or MinGW.

Could you please share the resulting binaries or instructions how you got your build working ??

I am sure quite a lot of Windows users would be very happy about an update :-)

best regards,
chris

Are you referring to the windows VST threads?
That codebase has diverged quite a bit from the mainline (which is where the standalone is maintained).

The standalone can be mostly built on windows (ie it can be coerced into building a exe without a UI and without audio-in/midi-out), however the full build process was not completed (and I don't have a windows machine to test on anymore).

The current git head has diverged further from the version which I'm referring to, so building will be problematic.

I am interested in getting a windows build running again at some point, however I do not have the resources to do so at my disposal.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

thanks for the reply.

I was referring to the standalone version - but I would need the midi input and gui options.

could you recommend an open or free VST host which works on windows to run the VST version ?

thanks
chris

Use SAVIhost (32bit) to use the VST as a standalone (if you don't need advanced stuff like a sequencer :) )
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

thanks - works well !

BTW: does the midi learn / midi control somehow work for instrument change or effect selection ?

thank you !!
chris

ummm... not for instrument change, i'm afraid. Only knobs that are already there :D

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”