Sylenth1 Awesome Alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

fluffy_little_something wrote:I am still happy with Sylenth, no regret so far. On the other hand the indirect way one has to produce the square/pulse still gets on my nerves. And that the load/save directory changes based on which directory I opened most recently, even outside of Sylenth. So sometimes I am lead to some DAW project folder, which makes no sense. With the SynthEdit preset manager, load/save always leads to the same directory, which is good.
the preset/soundbankmanager sucks as in sylenth1, normally this would have put me off a long time, sadly it'S a great synth but this is just so noobish!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

IMHO, Hive rapes Sylenth. In fact, it's gonna be my Sylenth replacement. You pretty much get the same kinds of sounds, but with more goodies added on top. More sonic variety, more parameters to tweak, real pulsewave modulation, better modulation matrix, a developer who still actively develops his products, choices of different unison and filter character types, up to 16 unison voices per oscillator, and I just love how the compressor actually colors the sound in a very modern way when you turn it on.

Currently, I like Sylenth better for dubstep wobble basses, but for anything EDM/Techno and Hip Hop/Trap, Hive just speaks to me in a way that Sylenth never did. Normally I don't use unison much in synths, having viewed that function like the "Soundgoodizer" knob in FL Studio - a cheap way to make something sound better.
Having the option to choose between different unison types actually made me start using it. It's way more fun than being limited to a width and detune knob. I just wish you could change the character of the unison and filters independently. Using the "Dirty" mode's filters with "Normal" and "Clean" mod's unison would be awesome. Maybe Urs will provide that option for us in the future?
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Xenos wrote:IMHO, Hive rapes Sylenth. In fact, it's gonna be my Sylenth replacement.
Yo dude, those are fightin' words! Nothing beats Sylenth1 ever! Not even the high exalted Urs can make a Sylenth kiLLER! If I could meet you face to face I'd challenge you to a duel with water pistols. You'd be totally drenched! :hihi:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
Xenos wrote:IMHO, Hive rapes Sylenth. In fact, it's gonna be my Sylenth replacement.
Yo dude, those are fightin' words! Nothing beats Sylenth1 ever! Not even the high exalted Urs can make a Sylenth kiLLER! If I could meet you face to face I'd challenge you to a duel with water pistols. You'd be totally drenched! :hihi:

.-.
im with you, let's knock him down with some butternails and spray "N OONE KILLS SYLENTH1 BRAH" :evil:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I am still happy with Sylenth, no regret so far. On the other hand the indirect way one has to produce the square/pulse still gets on my nerves. And that the load/save directory changes based on which directory I opened most recently, even outside of Sylenth. So sometimes I am lead to some DAW project folder, which makes no sense. With the SynthEdit preset manager, load/save always leads to the same directory, which is good.
the preset/soundbankmanager sucks as in sylenth1, normally this would have put me off a long time, sadly it'S a great synth but this is just so noobish!
Just noticed something odd. When I use Control/Alt+L in order to open the preset browser and then select a patch of mine, it loads some other factory preset. When I open the preset browser by mouse, though, the correct patch is loaded. Don't know if the problem has to do with the synth or my DAW (Mixcraft).

Alchemist12 wrote:was also searching for a Sylenth1 64-bit alternative .... this sounds awesome

http://youtu.be/OZswdFI7h38
I must say this is one of the most ridiculous products I've seen in a while. Did they just sample random presets of all those synths?

You cannot really tell me that some sound designers tried to mimic the styles of all those VSTs by pure programming.

2ZrgE wrote:
Alchemist12 wrote:was also searching for a Sylenth1 64-bit alternative .... this sounds awesome

http://youtu.be/OZswdFI7h38
I must say this is one of the most ridiculous products I've seen in a while. Did they just sample random presets of all those synths?

You cannot really tell me that some sound designers tried to mimic the styles of all those VSTs by pure programming.
Some day, some how, we'll be sitting at our 1024 bit machines and thinking about these 64 bit years with nostalgia ("How do I recapture that glorious 64-bit sound again? Wait, what? I need to get Titan version 42?") That slick and shiny new Titan plugin will be run off Oculus Rift, complete with 3D wavetables and modified using multiple finger gestures detected by a small sensor the size of a single nose hair. 65,000 oscillator devices will be the norm, which can simulate anything from a donkey's bray to the sound of two mice copulating. Ah, the times they will be a'changin'! In the meantime 64 bit synths will live on in Titan for whoever wants to go "old skool."

Xenos wrote:IMHO, Hive rapes Sylenth.
OMG I laughed so hard that my morning corn flakes came out of my nose!!! :o :lol:

Yikes! So far, I've been dosed with water pistols, knocked down with butternails, "NOONE KILLS SYLENTH1 BRAH" has been spray painted on my forehead, and Quantum7 snarfed his breakfast. Who knew such blasphemy would have such entertaining consequences lol :).
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Xenos wrote:Yikes! So far, I've been dosed with water pistols, knocked down with butternails, "NOONE KILLS SYLENTH1 BRAH" has been spray painted on my forehead, and Quantum7 snarfed his breakfast. Who knew such blasphemy would have such entertaining consequences lol :).
"Here lies Xenos the Sylenth1 blasphemist" will be the caption written on your tombstone. :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Regarding presets, Sylenth1 has the "wow" factor. Hive is just "mmm... ok". That's all.

10 INPUT "ENTER SYLENTH KILLER NAME:";A$
20 PRINT "THINKING"
30 FOR T=1 TO 1000 : NEXT
40 PRINT "NO, ";A$;" IS NOT A SYLENTH KILLER!"
50 PRINT
60 GOTO 10
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:10 INPUT "ENTER SYLENTH KILLER NAME:";A$
20 PRINT "THINKING"
30 FOR T=1 TO 1000 : NEXT
40 PRINT "NO, ";A$;" IS NOT A SYLENTH KILLER!"
50 PRINT
60 GOTO 10
Your software design rises above the rest! :hihi:

.-.

Xenos wrote:IMHO, Hive rapes Sylenth. In fact, it's gonna be my Sylenth replacement. You pretty much get the same kinds of sounds, but with more goodies added on top. More sonic variety, more parameters to tweak, real pulsewave modulation, better modulation matrix, a developer who still actively develops his products, choices of different unison and filter character types, up to 16 unison voices per oscillator, and I just love how the compressor actually colors the sound in a very modern way when you turn it on.

Currently, I like Sylenth better for dubstep wobble basses, but for anything EDM/Techno and Hip Hop/Trap, Hive just speaks to me in a way that Sylenth never did. Normally I don't use unison much in synths, having viewed that function like the "Soundgoodizer" knob in FL Studio - a cheap way to make something sound better.
Having the option to choose between different unison types actually made me start using it. It's way more fun than being limited to a width and detune knob. I just wish you could change the character of the unison and filters independently. Using the "Dirty" mode's filters with "Normal" and "Clean" mod's unison would be awesome. Maybe Urs will provide that option for us in the future?
Illegal if not consentual. Can a synth go to jail?

I think Hive is better than Sylenth1. There's room for both though of course. Sylenth1 has lived a long time and likely will live a good bit longer, with or without updates from LennarDigital. If you're looking for a true Sylenth1 alternative, Hive really is one of the most comparable. Isn't fully done yet, but in a few months it probably will be.

Return to “Instruments”