World:Of:Styles:Compilation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

do_androids_dream wrote:I was double checking to see what your role was. Just something I wanted to know before making comments on the tracks that's all.
As already mentioned some of them I recorded, mixed and mastered.
Some of them I mixed and mastered. Others I "just" mastered.
On seperate tracks I played different instruments as well.
That´s how the business works.
In addition Soundcloud is offering a possibility to write down all credits.
For those who are interessted they can get all information there.
But that´s no news, especially for the guys which are on Soundcloud as well ...
Obviously 14 tracks are demanding too much here, so I am not wasting my time to write all down.
A waste of effort ...

Where are your comments then ?

Great music, engineering and production. In all of the differing styles, the sound is great. You captured musicians and singers at their best. Did you have to get them to do a lot of takes, did you cut and paste takes or did you just turn on the red light when they happened to be at their best? Great stuff. Thanks and Merry Xmas (I'm late on that)

Thanks Bubba for listening.
With some aritsts you just have to create a good atmosphere and have to press "Record". With others it´s a different story, especially when they are very perfectionistic. The kind of engineering work is always different and that´s the beauty of it.
I personally love to work with great musicians, because I don´t like to edit the material for hours. That way all the magic is gone.
To some point I even do without compressing to get the clearest sound possible.
But to mix and master this whole palette of genres, you have to work really hard and listen to many, many references. It´s like the different techniques a painter (which I am also) has to master and everybody who is painting will know what I mean ;-)

(( D ))

Great job on 'Contraband' - the bass is what really makes that track imo - really thumps here :D Wonderful musicianship on display.

Loved 'Caramel' too - you've done a fine job here - sounds very warm and dense but spacious too - good job indeed. :clap:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:Great job on 'Contraband' - the bass is what really makes that track imo - really thumps here :D Wonderful musicianship on display.

Loved 'Caramel' too - you've done a fine job here - sounds very warm and dense but spacious too - good job indeed. :clap:
Thanks very much (for listening) !

(( D ))

It´s not my first mix,
but it would be nice to get some more comments ...

:lol:

Even 1st grade mixer are able to listen and telling their thoughts

(( D ))

Return to “Music Cafe”