Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Well then, instead of them stating "Non-music use: Not Allowed", they need to change that to "Non-music use: Allowed", then detail the specifics. What Eric says in some forum doesn't have the legal weight of the EULA you agree to when using their product.

• One of the largest corporations in the world wanted to use our samples for the startup sound of their mass market, well-known hardware product.

Apple? Just curious
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Apple bought Camel Audio just for the new jingle :D

I wanted to buy Air Structure but now Omnisphere 2 will be released soon I have to rethink that decision.
Dúnedain

Sampleconstruct wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
and it's not like there has been no other synth with the additive and spectral re-synthesis :shrug:
Sure, but not in combination with a fully fledged sample player, a state-of-the-art-granulator, VA/FM/WT-synthesis, good FX, tons of modulators, filters and sequencers, scriptable interfaces - all in one instrument and even one patch if desired. That's the whole point...
There is one that has all this under its hood and it's called Kyma. I know, not a VST nor a plugin. But it has all this, granular, spectral resynthesis, even more obscure types of synthesis, additive, fm, tons of effects, and much more, you name it.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DOUBLE

Neon Breath wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
and it's not like there has been no other synth with the additive and spectral re-synthesis :shrug:
Sure, but not in combination with a fully fledged sample player, a state-of-the-art-granulator, VA/FM/WT-synthesis, good FX, tons of modulators, filters and sequencers, scriptable interfaces - all in one instrument and even one patch if desired. That's the whole point...
There is one that has all this under its hood and it's called Kyma. I know, not a VST nor a plugin. But it has all this, granular, spectral resynthesis, even more obscure types of synthesis, additive, fm, tons of effects, and much more, you name it.
Great, so how can you use it in conjunction with your DAW to make music?

noiseboyuk wrote:
Ed A. wrote:2.)
To this day I don't understand why they can't re-word the EULA to cover this and exclude the re-selling as sound effects etc - should be simple enough. Nevertheless, in practice it isn't a problem, support were very good about it.
A while back because of a conspiracy related thread I looked up who their IP law firm was and it was a serious firm staffed by people who eat their children and sell their parents.

http://www.kwikalaw.com/our-attorneys/lawrence-iser/

wagtunes wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Render audio then use the sounds as sample in your DAW or favorite VST sampler.

Not saying it's perfect, but a tool doing all the stuff Sampleconstruct mentioned does exist.

Neon Breath wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Render audio then use the sounds as sample in your DAW or favorite VST sampler.

Not saying it's perfect, but a tool doing all the stuff Sampleconstruct mentioned does exist.
From what I am reading, I have to purchase a hardware unit to run this that costs over 4 grand, correct?

Yup.

Not perfect, as I said… :P

But you get the very best of resynthesis.

Neon Breath wrote:Yup.

Thanks. I think I'll wait for something a little less pricey and without the need for additional hardware.

wagtunes wrote:

Thanks. I think I'll wait for something a little less pricey and without the need for additional hardware.
Me too actually!

But Kyma's resynthesis and spectral sound morphings is pure drooling. Can't wait to see a VST synth having resythesis as high as Kyma in term of quality… If that will happen… :cry:

Neon Breath wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Me too actually!

But Kyma's resynthesis and spectral sound morphings is pure drooling. Can't wait to see a VST synth having resythesis as high as Kyma in term of quality… If that will happen… :cry:
Yeah the sound morphing, which I think is some special kind of granular morphing actually, is just amazing. For spectral I think Harmor is pretty amazing but you can't morph between two samples which is unfortunate. I wish you could analyze a sample into both waveforms of a single layer.

Return to “Instruments”