Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

trimph1 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:We had that speculation already, several times, often, too often?

Apple bought Putin.
This is a speculation thread after all.

And, just like the Bitwig thread will continue.

I am just surprised that we don't have catpix in here.... :o
I know, but we need some fresh speculations to keep it interesting.

another cunning tweet trying to trick creditor into believe they are still running. Even local distributors haven't realized Camel Audio has discontinued business and still selling boxes. And buyers realize CA is discontinued eventually and return their boxes. Local distributors will have to contact CA to be repaid obligation. Then finally they will realize it turned into bad debt.

Tweet gone. What did it say?

samsam wrote:
https://archive.today/PZhkj

Like myself and many others have told you...this screamed apple from the get. We've seen it happen over and over..always the same.

tooneba wrote:
samsam wrote:
Cheers. If it's true, good luck to them.

Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

tooneba wrote:another cunning tweet trying to trick creditor into believe they are still running. Even local distributors haven't realized Camel Audio has discontinued business and still selling boxes. And buyers realize CA is discontinued eventually and return their boxes. Local distributors will have to contact CA to be repaid obligation. Then finally they will realize it turned into bad debt.

:)

@ConeStation:
No. I will not chill out. I stand by my thoughts on the subject. Whatever caused this, and I suspect it's piracy; is hideous, and I am angry, and sad about it.
1. I´m against piracy and illegal distibution of intellectual property (as a business engineer, webdesigner and music composer for nearly 16 years I know what I am talking about; minimal parts of my work - some small grafics, unused/old webshop names etc. - had been stolen some years ago when I was more invested in web-, shopdesigns...)

2. But: Your "deducton" shows me that you are living in an extremely simple minded, one-dimenstional world (find a "sinner" and blame him). Assuming that a non-profit copy of a binary code automatically results in a loss of profit is simply an absolute unrealistic assumption (causality chain) and leads to a false accusation.

Hollywood is complaining about piracy and illegal sharing of their (mostly extremely dumb and mind manipulation/degenerating) movies and is totally neglecting that there is no evidence that one illegal copy of a mp4/avi ever led to a true loss in their balances.

People like you are simply assuming that every illegal copy of binary code is 1:1 equatable to a unsold copy. From my point of view this pseudo logic is absolutely infantile and does not reflect reality.

Most of those pirates are either illegal software collectors (a hobby to download everything for the sake of downloading as much as possible without ever using it) who never produce/create anything, young FL-Studio-school-kids without any income and people who want to test software - if true demo or trial versions are not available - before they spend hundrets/thousands of Euros/Dollars for pure binary code. The first two cases/groups would never have bought a copy in real life, therefore a 1:1 calculation (logic) is absurd.

A downloaded copy does not mean that everybody is a pure parasite (please study the FED-FIAT-money system - = exponential growth of worthless numbers based on compound interest and totaly outdated double-entry accounting - to realizie what real parasitic behaviour means) and their so called parasitic behaviour does absolutely not lead to an automatic loss of profit.

In the case of Camel Audio other signifikant reasons (probably not enough true customers and lovers/fans of Alchemy & Co.) had led to their "end". I can tell you that I extensively tested the Alchemy Demo (official Free Player), never had the chance to test Nexus², but in the end bought Omnisphere (use it with Studio One 2 and only one true synth: Spire). Although Omnisphere is relatively old (2006) it is the far better instrument (I didn´t like the sound, the GUI and the general feel of Alchemy; despite it´s great reputation and reviews).

All the best to you all (from Germany).
Last edited by KanadevaMusic on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The idea that this thread has not caused the kvr servers to crash, leaving no survivors, is amazing!

ontol wrote:I do not think it was piracy that caused Camel to go, but tired of hearing that copies of software/music/films are just digital so its not theft.

It's a tool, or an experience, and someone invested time and resources into making it. You use it/enjoy it/whatever, you should pay for it.

Any amount of text trying to shade it in any other way is simply bullshit.
Well, we can call it theft but it means nothing from the business perspective. All that matters is how much people buy your product. And in the case of Camel Audio their products have not been cracked for years. So it can hardly be the case.

And as the poster above pointed out, blaming piracy is an easy solution for simple minded people. Independent academic research done in this field on recent times shows that there just is not a one to one correlation between sales and piracy. The effects of piracy are greatly exaggerated and most of the horrifying piracy statistics are pulled out of the @ss.

A good example pointed out above is movies. If piracy was so bad then how would one explain the rocketing profits of movie companies? Both movie revenue and box office profits have been in a sharp upward trend over a decade now. And also there's more movies made and sold than ever before. So it is not that simple as some like to believe.
No signature here!

samsam wrote:
tooneba wrote:
samsam wrote:
Cheers. If it's true, good luck to them.
Indeed, good on them. They're talented developers and nice people on top of that. They worked hard for years on their products and they deserve their good luck, if the rumour is true, of course.

Obviously, I'm a Logic user so it's easier for me to say :P
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Voice303 wrote:Well, looks like I am buying Logic X and my PC desktop will be replaced with an iMac :lol:

I really hope it is available as an audio unit because I would really rather not learn Logic... Then again Bitwig has no AU support, so I guess I will be learning logic :party:
Hey Timbo. Here's $3000. Can I be your bitch? :roll:
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Return to “Instruments”