energyXT 3.0

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm happy to see some development in the energyXT camp too. I actually was able to finish songs in eXT2 in the days that I actually.. finished.. songs..
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

xbitz wrote:seems u misunderstood the purpose of this DAW :D it can be used as VST and gives modular extension (because it has modular view) for those DAWs which ones don't have this kind of feature ;)

so it can work same way as Bidule, MUX, etc.
Please don´t say the same way!!!!
Bidule and MUX offer tons of other stuff and possibilities more than energyXT including the internal sound engine, which energyXT lacks completely but has got a (normaly) higher price than MUX...

Fact is: energyXT is far behind!!!!

It has fallen behind badly on some counts, no argument there.

But the core app is still a decent tool. I stopped using it due to a persistent crash bug a couple of PCs back but have found myself thinking about it recently; bottom line is for a lot of things it's simplicity is great. I generally use Reaper now and eXT can't touch it for flexibility *but* for a lot of day to day things (recording the output of another track, side-chaining/vocoding malarky etc) it's much simpler and probably more than enough for most people if they're honest. Like xbitzs example above, routing something like that in Reaper would be a nightmare of routing matrices, sends etc. A few click n' drags in eXT.

So, maybe the work at the core of the app will solve my issues and then I'll gladly give it another go, handy alternative app alongside something like Reaper.

i guess it depends what you need it for.
i use no hardware only vsts,32bit is fine for me.recording vocals and mixdown songs works great for me.
drag n drop vsts and wiring things like this is a breeze.i tried mux,and own bidule which chokes on my vst folder.
ext is the only option for me.

Compyfox wrote:So... will this be a free upgrade?
If so, maybe I can finally get rid of my pretty much never used eXT license...

Non smoker environment, nearly mint and all. :hihi:
that correct, free upgrade. the release candidate will be out in the fourth quarter of 2018.

Either way - my eXT license is up for grabs in the market place. I think the price I ask for is more than fair.
Barely used it, I'm am also on a different modular environment at this point.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Wow, it's like back from the grave.....

I think I still have a license, but really don't care.... too little and too late
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

xbitz wrote:seems u misunderstood the purpose of this DAW :D it can be used as VST and gives modular extension (because it has modular view) for those DAWs which ones don't have this kind of feature ;)
Unfortunately there hasn't been an uptodate plugin version of eXT for a long time, and on Mac it's not available at all. Is there one even planned for v3?

spacedad wrote: Image
That looks fun, a bunch of vsts acting as modules? Something you coded yourself?

The only complaint i have about XT was the downgrading of audio recording from version 1to 2.
Before it recorders audio inside the loop markers and stacked it.
Now it sticks to the timeline as the loop markers weren't doing anything.

@huhu i'm not sure what you mean,have you asked in the xt forum? i didn't think there was any audio probs.?

@garyg yeah,my sick thing.. http://www.spaceraiders.co.uk/sick.html i should tidy it up and add some more plugins really..

spacedad wrote:@huhu i'm not sure what you mean
This, probably.

oh.i see.
for me,recording in loop mode=continous audio track makes more sense.
but it would be good to have both options.
i guess you can always use xt1 as a plugin?
there's lots of things xt1 is good at that xt2 isn't.but we have them both,don't we? so i just use either/or.

huhu_huhu wrote:The only complaint i have about XT was the downgrading of audio recording from version 1to 2.
Before it recorders audio inside the loop markers and stacked it.
Now it sticks to the timeline as the loop markers weren't doing anything.
Yes! This was awesome in v1.4. Please bring back!

I laughed, I cried...

If this was just x64, it might have my attention. I seriously cannot believe that development continues, while continuing at such a snail's pace.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”