Unsere Muttersprache

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Besides, we have learned that the priority of one man/woman cannot be considered higher than the needs of their fellow men and women in his or her country and we have called it: democracy. Not EU! That is becoming a common misunderstanding between people in the 'EU'. For your information: the EU is not a given democratic process as chosen by its inhabitants in a true democratic way. That is. On the contrary. Consider. If it were not for democracy, we would not have the opportunity to state what we want to state here (accepted by the moderators or not: it doesn't change that given democratic element an sich; the right of free expression). As politicians cannot change politics itself because it is a given fact for everyone. Whatever they state or.. do deliberately NOT state. For ever what reason.. Even if they call themself 'EU'. By definition. Whether people might like it or not is another question afaiac. And thus related to another topic than the choice of a general language at this forum IMO in relation to the development of Bitwig Studio.

MrPierreBraun wrote:Wenn wir alle unsere Muttersprache nicht mehr schreiben und sprechen, dann verlieren wir unsere Kultur. Und dies kann man seit 10 Jahren im Internet sehen. Die Leute sind nicht mehr in der Lage unsere Sprache richtig zu schreiben oder zu sprechen. Das ist ein Armutszeugnis.
...ooops.... If you think an english forum of an international music creation software that is targeted at an international audience will destroy your culture than I think it's too late to argue at all. :roll:

But anyway, I'm a native german speaker and I am totally against multi-language forums that will divide the community literally into peaces, each subgroup discussing identical problems within their own language.

There's nothing wrong with writing imperfect english, but you are complaining about not perfect written german around the Web. Why is that? Writing imperfect english has NOT destroyed my ability to write fluid german. Instead learning the language over time rather added up to my capabilities of communicating with people from all over the world and to my understanding of language as a whole.

So... if you really need that german forum, noone will hold you back from setting it up yourself. With today's hosting services this is a 5-minute one-click install. A lot of communities around software/programming have grown that way and so would a german Bitwig forum if there really is a need for. :wink:

All the best,
Paul
This could be your ad!

Tof zeg... veel nederlanders hier... :D

Ach..

MrPierreBraun wrote:Wie gut, dass sich mein Beitrag nicht nur inhaltlich um ein Sub-Forum auf KVR geäußert hat. Eigentlich hat sich mein Beitrag mit Nichten mit einem KVR Sub-Forum beschäftigt. Es geht darum, dass ein deutsches Unternehmen mit seinen deutschen Kunden auch so ganz offiziell deutsch reden sollte. Das Support-Kontaktformular ist ein Anfang, aber bei Weitem nicht ausreichend. Soll die Deutsche Telekom ihre Seiten jetzt auch nur noch auf Englisch anbieten, weil auch die Telekom ist weltweit am Markt tätig. Man kann darüber nachdenken oder sich eben einfach nur ein Segment meiner Aussagen herausnehmen und das Denken weiter einstellen.
You CAN write your tech support mails in German, BTW. And they will be answered in German. First I also wrote all of my support mails in English. But then Dom started to answer in German so i changed to that, too. (Maybe he just couldn't suffer my 'style' anymore :D ) It was really interesting to make this transition because I recognized that I didn't knew all the German counterparts of the BWS terms ;)

Of course we are on an international forum here and it's really cool. Nice and helpful people from all over the world who all won't bash me for language mistakes. Another argument for using English here is that I don't want to help only Germans.
And writing forum messages helps me a lot for learning lots of new vocabulary which I wouldn't look up otherwise.

Cheers!/Prost!
u-u-u

I have a question to those who speak in two languages perfectly & frequently.... What language do you THINK in? I have always wondered about this :-) haha

Peace

askewd wrote:I have a question to those who speak in two languages perfectly & frequently.... What language do you THINK in? I have always wondered about this :-) haha

Peace

both sometimes actualy, but usually german. Depends on how intense i use one of languages over a period of time. These days i'm writing way more english than german for example.

I speak Dutch only. By matters of standard; noblesse oblige. Spot the looney. Just warning :P

I wouldn't go as far as saying my english is perfect - far from it actually, but i noticed that whenever i'm in england or ireland (which i visit quite often) i start thinking in english after two or three days. And after a week or so i start to have problems remembering certain german words, which is quite a strange feeling every time...that's why i hate meeting other germans when i'm abroad, communicating gets a bit awkward sometimes... :ud:

askewd wrote:I have a question to those who speak in two languages perfectly & frequently.... What language do you THINK in? I have always wondered about this :-) haha

Peace
Perfectly - no, but I find it often hard to remember what language I'm in at the moment ;-)
While I'm slower in English, I think in both of them interchangeably, depending on topics.

I love certain things about each language. English has such great idioms and pictures that somehow connect with me a lot. It can be so short and to the point. In a book from William Gibson the main character says about why a certain relationship didn't happen: "Our boy-girl lego never clicked". Amazing.
Then I read "Jahrestage" from Uwe Johnson and know again what German can do.

I also find it sometimes easier to talk about certain situations or feelings in English since it's not "contaminated" with memories.

And I prefer Music in English since I am able to not understand the words :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Wenn die ein deutsches Handbuch anbieten, wird Bitwig nur noch von Pegida-Anhängern gekauft! :P

(Ernsthaft, sogar Cakewalk hat deutsche Handbücher! :tu:)

Ableton has tutorials which are strictly written in German, like: 'Hands on...' Which, I am afraid, is the only all-German spoken course I know referencing to Ableton, except its header..as it comes to German. I wonder why..... I already told you: be warned. Don't make it any worse now :D :D

Redukt wrote:I wouldn't go as far as saying my english is perfect - far from it actually, but i noticed that whenever i'm in england or ireland (which i visit quite often) i start thinking in english after two or three days. And after a week or so i start to have problems remembering certain german words, which is quite a strange feeling every time...that's why i hate meeting other germans when i'm abroad, communicating gets a bit awkward sometimes... :ud:
herzlichtes beileid :)

Tricky-Loops wrote:Wenn die ein deutsches Handbuch anbieten, wird Bitwig nur noch von Pegida-Anhängern gekauft! :P

weil cakewalk ein nazi ist :)

funnyfunny wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Wenn die ein deutsches Handbuch anbieten, wird Bitwig nur noch von Pegida-Anhängern gekauft! :P

weil cakewalk ein nazi ist :)
Na wenigstens ist er kein Islamist! :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”