Edit tool to do note repeats

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I'm used to using the edit tool (pencil) to sort of "paint" a bunch of repeated notes in Ableton. This way I don't have to click with my mouse dozens on times. Is there a way to do this in bitwig?

teknobryan wrote:Hello. I'm used to using the edit tool (pencil) to sort of "paint" a bunch of repeated notes in Ableton. This way I don't have to click with my mouse dozens on times. Is there a way to do this in bitwig?
They are implementing a "brush" tool for the next update. I saw a forum post here saying they would try to squeeze it in, if they had time.

By next update do you think they meant 1.2 or 1.3?
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:By next update do you think they meant 1.2 or 1.3?
I'm not too sure. It sounded like he meant the very next one. Don't remember which thread it was under either.

Does anybody know if there is a way to do note repeats in 1.2 or 1.3? I miss being able to paint a bunch of 16th notes really fast.

Currently i create and click the note i want, cmd-c to copy and then i just hold cmd-v to create as many 16th (or whatever) i need.

Cheers,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:Currently i create and click the note i want, cmd-c to copy and then i just hold cmd-v to create as many 16th (or whatever) i need.

Cheers,
Dom

Thanks, I tried it and still have to click cmd-v, click cmd-v, cmd-v, click cmd-v to do a note repeat. Holding it does not cause it to repeat. Am I missing something?

Yeah, I don't know how to make it repeat with ctrl+v either. But you can also just select the note and use control+d to create as many repeats as you want.

Maybe Dom is using another DAW :hihi:
kidding..

But yeah, holding down Cmd + D works here

WXLF wrote:Maybe Dom is using another DAW :hihi:
kidding..

But yeah, holding down Cmd + D works here
Exactly, Duplicate is the way to do it... Command-D - You can also use the region select tool to select time range to make strings of notes like every other step etc

But then what if you want to make that line of notes have a straight velocity ramp? Anyone found a way to do that?

Be cool to have a way of creating multi repeats of Clips in the Arranger too...

Chevron wrote:Be cool to have a way of creating multi repeats of Clips in the Arranger too...
You can use ctrl+d for that too.

loool! i had to actually try how i do it with the open app... motor memory :-) it is cmd-d, obviously.

Cheers,
Dom

Return to “Bitwig”