Algo Music instruments on Westgatesounds.net

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AlgonN CZynthia M42 Nebula M51galaxy

I have re-made the extra sf2 file. Anyone who downloaded it may want to download it again. This time it has only 4 banks of 5 sounds instead of 5 banks of 5 sounds.

The M42 is only set up to read 4 banks of 5 sounds. Also, I started a bank of presets using the new sf2 file. There are only three presets at the moment, but I will add to this as time allows....

The 5 sounds I pulled from the sf2 file will just have to go into the next one.... :D

Well done dnekm, you've certainly kept the Algo name alive in a positive way. Great to see you so enthusiastic and pro active with site/preset updates.
If I could + rep you and your efforts I would. :tu:

Given Guido's public selection of you to re host his work, are you now the only legit download source for Dr Ambient's plugins?
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

dnekm wrote: The M42 is only set up to read 4 banks of 5 sounds.
I have a soundfont file called 'Masterpiece' that has 128 sounds on it and the M42 reads all of them.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

But...thank you for uploading these synths, I lost mine in a HD crash too. It would be an interesting OSC challenge if one of these were selected in the future, I would love to hear what some of you guys could come up with, I would also be tempted to enter myself too :hyper:

AutoMotto wrote:
dnekm wrote: The M42 is only set up to read 4 banks of 5 sounds.
I have a soundfont file called 'Masterpiece' that has 128 sounds on it and the M42 reads all of them.
It does when you use the SYSTEM button but the SFO section is configured to read 4 banks of 5 sounds via its Bank and Waveform controls.

zvon wrote: It does when you use the SYSTEM button but the SFO section is configured to read 4 banks of 5 sounds via its Bank and Waveform controls.

But it can't load sounds from the SFO section from file, that is what I am stating. I am not putting the synth down, just making a clarification.

No problem, I am not thinking that you're putting it down.

You're right, you have to load a sf2 via the system but the program/instrument used can be modulated and changed by the MOD Matrix Wave parameter from the SFO section, IIRC, and it is also configured for 4 banks of 5 sounds.

Of course this feature can be ignored and not used but if it is used, the M42 will use only the first 5 sounds of the bank. Again IIRC as it's been a while since I have programmed it or read the manual.

I'm amazed at seeing Outc**der actually having the nerve to post in relation this :o

Seems now you have forgotten all your abusive claims at other users being pirates :x

You owe Black Winny a BIG apology

OutCider wrote:Well done dnekm, you've certainly kept the Algo name alive in a positive way. Great to see you so enthusiastic and pro active with site/preset updates.
If I could + rep you and your efforts I would. :tu:

Given Guido's public selection of you to re host his work, are you now the only legit download source for Dr Ambient's plugins?
It seems to be now. I want to see some more stuff coming from collabs as well. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Numanoid wrote:I'm amazed at seeing Outc**der actually having the nerve to post in relation this :o

Seems now you have forgotten all your abusive claims at other users being pirates :x

You owe Black Winny a BIG apology
We do not need to drag that stuff up....again.

PLEASE!!! :dog:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I do not think I am the only legit source - I see the free ones still listed on free vst sites. Do not know if the download links work though....

For the M42, M51 and CZynthia and AlgoN - then I guess, yes.

The M42 will load any sf2 file, as Zvon said. But a preset bank will only be expecting 4 banks of 5 sounds each - that is how the instrument is set up.

I played around with my HGFortune memorial sf2 in it and it works just fine. You just have to change the loaded sound from the sf2 file manually.

trimph1 wrote: We do not need to drag that stuff up....again.

PLEASE!!! :dog:
I agree trimph1, I have no desire to get another ban for 'harassment', even if the 'harassment' was seeking the same clarification as that numanoid sought on page one of this thread
Numanoid wrote:As far as I can see, I can see no other confirmation than yourself that you got permission to do this.

Would be good if you could put a statement from Guido up on that webpage, backing this.
Especially as Dr Ambient's own words back up the position I have held all along.
The garynumanfanatic ( :borg: ) will just have to learn to kiss my arse or get over himself. I don't care which 8)
DrAmbient wrote: Like discussed some tim3e ago I'd like to release my softsynths M42, M51 etc
as freeware. I choose Karmacomposer to host it
Last edited by OutCider on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dnekm wrote:I do not think I am the only legit source - I see the free ones still listed on free vst sites. Do not know if the download links work though....

For the M42, M51 and CZynthia and AlgoN - then I guess, yes.

The free one's of course are on many sites, but the old retail ones, you were definitely given the sole rights to redistribute is also my understanding. :tu:
dnekm wrote:Hi Daniel,

That would be great!
I don't know what happened to Mike (karmacomposer), I'm completely in the dark about that!
He doesn't respond to anything anymore...
I visited the page you made, it looks wonderful!
Thanks a lot!
BTW: I have to transfer the other plugins using a very slow connection.

Best,
Guido
Last edited by OutCider on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The presets file now has 5 presets in it....

One thing I have noticed when going through the presets using the new sf2 file - sometimes the setting for the selection of the sound from the sf2 file hiccup.... You can fix this by clicking on to a stock preset and then selecting the new preset again.

Ghost Universe should load BNK 2 sound 5 - Dark Matter

Drift should load BNK1 sound 1- Angel Drifts 1

Beacon should load BNK 3 sound 3 - Orchid Cargo

Travels should load BNK 3 sound 5 - The Traveller

Visions and Voices should load BNK 0 sound 2 - Mystical Choir.

I have owned these for a looong time... nice to see that they're available again.
truly great instruments.

Return to “Instruments”