Multi audio input to Mulab for live performance

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have several live events lined up and want to control two Mic inputs within Mu-lab. Each mic will be used by a different vocalist and I want each of the two vocals to route through a different rack each in mu-lab. That way I can add and control different FX to the two different vocals in real time in a live situation.
I know I can add multiple audio inputs in the MUX - can these then receive an input each, one from each of the two mics? If so, I can then route those audio inputs to a different rack each (or whatever else I want).
I am thinking of buying two Alesis Core 1 audio interfaces in order to do this; http://www.alesis.com/core-1
Has anyone had any experience of this and if not - will my idea work?

Yes should be no prob. Click the "MODULAR" button at the top, there you'll find the audio input modules, eventually add the extra needed ones. Then also add any extra racks and connect the audio inputs to the racks. Hope this helps.

I understand that part - I am more concerned with mulab recognising two separate audio inputs coming in from the audio interface. Will it recognise two audio inputs separately so I can then route them to two separate racks?

Yes, should be no prob. MuLab supports up to 32 audio inputs jacks. And all of them can be used appart or grouped as stereo jack etc. and you can route them to whatever you want, including multiple racks.

Thank you for the help as usual. I will go ahead and prepare for the events!

Be sure to test the setup before going live of course, i'm sure you will. Success! And much fun!

I will do - looking forward to people asking me what software I use - I will be on a sales push for MuLab!

Thx!

Return to “MUTOOLS”