Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

:lol: :D :lol:

I'm thrilled.

Too bad I'm not a well known producer to get my copy before the official release. ;)

Taoist wrote:The upgrade is already available for pre-order from JRR.
Now I wonder whether they will sell the Download version of the Upgrade as well...

cocoazenith wrote:
Now I wonder whether they will sell the Download version of the Upgrade as well...
I would imagine it to be a download if you are an owner of v1 (regardless of when you obtained it). In fact for v1 owners it seems logical to be download ONLY.

I ordered v1 last week. I doubt they will send my "free" upgrade via disc. Too much money to do it that way.

Of course I am merely talking about what makes the most sense...not out of an informed opinion.

again, i cannot wait, why 30th April................. i also hope/know spectrasonics will make some great additions/improvements for free in updates (the orb etc.). they are not izotope........

btw. can you recommend their soundpack Tribute?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

thejonsolo wrote:
cocoazenith wrote:
I would imagine it to be a download if you are an owner of v1 (regardless of when you obtained it). In fact for v1 owners it seems logical to be download ONLY.

I ordered v1 last week. I doubt they will send my "free" upgrade via disc. Too much money to do it that way.

Of course I am merely talking about what makes the most sense...not out of an informed opinion.
Yes, the upgrade is a download on Spectra's Tech-Shop. But on JRR it's featured as a physical product...
Maybe it's a mistake and they will update this in the future.

I like the Tribute pack but it's always difficult to recommand a personal like. "Torley" has a some nice you tube videos where he plays every single patch of this add on... So maybe this would be a good place to hear/see if it's your thing (if you havn't yet).
It's just about 2GB and mostly not multi sampled instruments beside the Hans Zimmer Moog drums and percussions (and a few others) which i really like!
Last edited by Cinebient on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can't believe you're all falling for BBFG's bait. He (gotta be a he, right?) seems to exist purely to go on and on and on about a company and a product he won't buy. Seriously, what are the combined man hours of those thousands of posts? It is, when all is said and done, trolling - simple as.

Anyway, onto more interesting and indeed important subjects. There will be a Camel shaped shadow over the whole VI community for a long time, I fear. I never bought their products, but they seemed pretty good. The real problem is they seemed one of the good guys, down to charity work. Precisely the sort of developer you'd want to support - like U-he or indeed Spectrasonics.

Doubtless some may argue that there are reasons why these companies would be different, no really they will. But there's that nagging doubt - how do we know, really?

And the larger companies come with their own baggage - Kore indeed casts its own shadow. What's the answer? There really isn't one, I don't think, other than perspective. These things are rare, thankfully. Maybe - if only we knew - it would be as simple as there's only one Apple in the world, and there's only so many music companies they need to dislocate their corporate jaw and swallow whole.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

jackmazzotti wrote:live from namm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSp0LVAups
Not gonna lie, that seems like a blast :love:

I think I pretty much have every synth angle covered already though. Apart from the 10000-year-old resonant stalactites. They got me bang to rights there :borg: :clap: :cry: :hihi: :hyper: :phones: :tu: :help: :D :dog: :pray:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

@noiseboyuk..BBFG is not trolling. He does have some doubt's, yes, but that does not prove anything of the sort.

We don't need these kinds of comments about him, or anyone else.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

As this seems to be the only NAMM thread going I thought I'd post a tons of pictures (384) here - or at least a link to.
Courtesy of Psychlist1972 from Gearslutz.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/psychlist ... 478574251/

Armadillo wrote:As this seems to be the only NAMM thread going I thought I'd post a tons of pictures (384) here - or at least a link to.
Courtesy of Psychlist1972 from Gearslutz.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/psychlist ... 478574251/

Indeed, it seems that even Atmosphere users can upgrade direct to Omnisphere 2 for the same price they could do in the past to Omnisphere 1.

Has anyone heard how big the install will be? Just wondering how much larger it is than Omni 1.

You know, one worry I have about Omnisphere 2 is the lack of a "big" sounding reverb like Valhalla Room built into it with alot of prescense. There are alot of sounds I can't nail in Omni alone because the included reverb just doesn't sound very big to me. It sits well in a mix but its just a bit too transparent.

I hope for the sake of Omni 2 that "Innerspace" is a big sounding reverb :lol:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Return to “Instruments”