xoxos releases Float

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thank you for the responses on float, it's gratifying to hear that it's appreciated :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Finally I found some time to demo "float". And it fits nicely into your GUI philosophy. I had no problems at all to understand your synth and already guessed that your mod section follows the same or at least a similar scheme like your other synths. I stll wish there would be some kind of visual feedback for the lfo speed section (either a pop up which tells me the current speed setting or at least a blinking light). And I still find the Amp volume way too high most of the time. But those are minor flaws to me so no big deal.

Anways, your oscillator algo rocks. Awesome timbres on pretty any setting. No matter if mono or stereo or in between. Very organic. And I am really excited about them. And the topology preserving filters sound really great on higher resonance settings.

Very CPU friendly btw. :) Not like aurora (one of the best unison synths I am aware of btw) which kils my cpu easily even on mediocre settings. Still render that thing on HQ every time because it sounds bloody brilliant. I wish you would update that one with some new filters. But I respect (and appreciate) your design philosophy on that (regarding quality vs cpu).

I really dig float.

Cheers
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Just heard about this.
Something special in those demo sounds!
ImageImageImageImage

thank you men :)

(where are the people from who say that..)

i've enjoyed both the external and internal feedback :) thinking i should have used the resonant 6dB highpass for a few pad patches.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I really wanted to like this. I really do, because I like original concepts ... and it makes some gorgeous sounds!

But as it is for me it is almost unusable:

The interface is waaayy too tiny! I think everyone runs a resolution of at least 1280 these days. (The Windows magnification tool is my friend in these.)

An option for a 150 or 200% GUI resize would be very helpful!

But then the interface is also too dark, I couldn't distinguish there was a button under 'Gate' and the 'LCD-like' modulation fields are mainly undecypherable, even with extreme magnification! :o

Sorry!! . .:(

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

mines set to 1920x1080 and it's fine for me.my monitor has no probs with the gui contrast either.

Will check. Xoxos has released some gems over the years.
no sig

this track is part of the voice synth development, am thinking to add a few ensemble patches to float when i have them. so far i'm very pleased with the sax.. it's easy and versatile (achieved with 4 bands of eq after the synth).

horns not so much, they work sometimes and don't others, may end up with a few different patches to get the effect i want for a single part. of course, emulating complex timbres with simple methods is like that.

clarinets of course have proven difficult (not heard here tho). best results were with another synth with a pulse waveform creating a solo instance, then using float to add an ensemble layer behind it with the filter cancelling the first harmonic.. timbral expression is relegated to the "scale" param, which is appropriate. using this method, float can back up the solo and works sometimes as long as the notes are say within a half octave of each other. i'll probably switch to a bunch of solo clarinets tho.

http://xoxos.net/temp/syng3tyg.mp3

As always, cool sounds and I am envious that I cannot use your stuff on Mac :-)

Great stuff! Demo sounds really interesting. I like developers doing such original approaches into synthesis. Bought the full vst bundle again to have a little discount on this one :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

xoxos wrote:this track is part of the voice synth development...

http://xoxos.net/temp/syng3tyg.mp3
that sounds amazing!

Congradulaions! I'll check this one out next week. Sounds like a great concept.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

no change to the float patches, just some "critical" amendments to the musicality of the passage (and voice improvements)

http://xoxos.net/temp/syng3tyg2.mp3

not here but still busy :)

pdxindy wrote:As always, cool sounds and I am envious that I cannot use your stuff on Mac :-)
If you were poor or ignorant, you could be envious. But being wise and wealthy,
not having a minimal windoze install of some sort, for some great non-mac instruments, is...

...well, you get to pick, :lol: :cry: :? :x :ud: :roll: :o :dog: :oops:

Great one,I just bought it!

Return to “Instruments”