Algo Music instruments on Westgatesounds.net

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AlgonN CZynthia M42 Nebula M51galaxy

Just one more note on my presets so far turn the filter cutoff on the waveforms to suit your taste....

Okay.... I would like to keep this topic civil, and open. So I will post about this once only.

The whole thing about the other topic and Black Winny - can we put it behind us?

As I commented in that topic - the precedent has already been set. A forum member here took it upon himself to distribute some things he had no right to distribute. The cat cannot be put back in the bag.

What is done - is done.

I have emailed Black Winny and pointed him to my site and this topic.

But - enough of the rancour from the old topic.

And to make some other things clear - Guido, Dr. Ambient - did not choose me. I volunteered after Mike failed to come through. I think, it should be obvious to everyone that Guido has/had no knowledge of Black Winny's distribution of his instruments. That is still the case. It is not my place to alert him of this. Hopefully, this will all sort itself out.

I cannot and will not force Black Winny to take down his page - though, I think at this point he should modify some of his text. It is not my place. I am not the owner of these instruments. That would be Dr. Ambient.

I am attempting to make this right - as it was - and I will honestly say this is my own opinion - handled the wrong way. But, it is done.

I will continue to provide content and presets for the M42, and possibly the other instruments as I get to know them. And I will also encourage anyone else who wants to provide either free sf2 files or preset files for any of these instruments - I will gladly host them on my site.

Can we try to turn this into a good thing? :D

Just to put an exclamation point on it - enough of the rancour from the old topic.
and thanks very much for your work, dnekm

dnekm wrote:And to make some other things clear - Guido, Dr. Ambient - did not choose me. I volunteered after Mike failed to come through. I think, it should be obvious to everyone that Guido has/had no knowledge of Black Winny's distribution of his instruments. That is still the case. It is not my place to alert him of this. Hopefully, this will all sort itself out.
An elegant solution would have been if you had written to Guido: "BlackWinny has already collected your synths and hosts them on his website. Is it okay for you or do want to have your plugins to be hosted on my website? Should BlackWinny take his website down?"

Then we would have a clear message now from Guido whether the website of BlackWinny is legal or not...

But simply making an agreement with Guido and a website with the Algomusic synths - only to be in the right (pun intended) - without clearing everything with BlackWinny AND Guido isn't something I could praise, that's kinda rude... :(

As I said, I'm out here, I have many other things to do (and I can live without the Algomusic synths), but I'm pretty disappointed about all this. It's sad that people here are working against other people instead of working ALL together in a community.

(BTW, I only got involved in the whole story because I suggested Guido - in the other thread - to make the plugins donationware, so he could collect at least some donations for necessary medical treatments. So it's not that I wanted to grab all synths for free - I don't even need them - but I tried to help Guido!)

Tricky - sorry, but when I saw the dev asking for someone to host his instruments, I volunteered, again.... That is the most simple solution I can see.

Again, can we be done with this? I want to create, not dispute....

You're doing a great and wholly legitimate job of it so far, dnekm. Create away I say :tu:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Quick question. Can one contribute more presets to these instruments?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I would love if people would make new presets for any of these instruments. Either save them as .fxp files or start your own .fxb (bank) file and then send them to me - I will host them.

Thanks!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

OutCider wrote:You're doing a great and wholly legitimate job of it so far, dnekm. Create away I say :tu:
+10 :tu:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

oops, I was asking about Atomic and I just found out why it't not posted. Shame.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

OK, I will just post to say this once, and without answering anyone. Daniel, sorry to say this, but the way you did things, and the way you are presenting them, doesn't seem at all altruistic and kind. You are presenting the Algomusic instruments as a section of your own site, with your logo prominently dominating the page, and kind of making them your own (even in Google, it appears as "Westgate Sounds - AlgoMusic"). And you are calling traffic to your own site, which is a commercial one. Hardly disinterested, it looks.

Sure, they are available for free, but as you knew that Black Winny was already doing this, you should have pointed Guido to what Black had already done, and let him decide if he wanted to go that way or not (that's what I would have done).

Actions stay and qualify the ones who do them, and this was a can of worms that was once open, unfortunately. Many people argued and got angry because of this affair, and frankly, I still think it wasn't solved in the best and more correct way. Anyway, I'm done with this.
Fernando (FMR)

Up to 7 presets now....

Actually, it is altruistic and kind. I an hosting the instruments for free. I am adding sounds and presets for the M42, for free. I am encouraging others to make presets and continue using these instruments, for free. And I am paying for the bandwidth this is taking up in all of the downloads.

What more do you want?

Of course, every page on my site says westgate sounds. It is my site, that is what it is called.

Yes, actions do say a lot about the individual. I waited until I had proper permission to host the instruments. Others did not. It is really quite simple. I do not understand why some people seem to insist there is a grey area when there is not.

Once again, can we make this a good thing?

dnekm wrote: Yes, actions do say a lot about the individual. I waited until I had proper permission to host the instruments. Others did not. It is really quite simple.
Exactly. That's the whole situation in just a few sentences.

Black Winny never had explicit permission from Dr. Ambient to post them. Daniel does. I say that as someone who firmly believes that BW's posting of them was good intentioned. BW didn't deserve most of the comments and ill treatment he received in that thread. I firmly believe he was trying to do good with posting them. But he never had explicit permission, which many agreed was needed. Daniel has that permission.

Based on the posted communications in this thread, Dr. Ambient is happy with how his vsts are being presented and made available again.

If the man who created them and gave permission to Daniel to post them is happy, then why are there complaints?

To try and put this to rest, finally - I got an email from Dr. Ambient/Guido today. I had asked him if he wanted any changes made, even down to just a word or two somewhere. His response:

"No, i's perfect. Thanks again :-)"

Return to “Instruments”