Music Radar Bitwig 1.2 Preview

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Global mods would be awesome! Especially for performance or testing quick song tweaking ideas.

u-u-u wrote: At the moment swing can be controlled at the transport for all clips and can be toggled on/off per clip.
I think that's a good aproach. Probably we don't need a per track control because we can select multiple clips and edit them together in the inspector.

What I could imagine is that maybe they could extend that to individual per-clip-swing adjustment:
all in all the same principle as the track-to-clip-colour management:
-> by default all clips adopt the swing value from the transport. But there's something like a 'free' button and a knob/value/histogram which let's you define an clip-individual swing value.

Also always remember that you can automate the swing value on the master track. With that, Groove presets become needless as you can achieve all kinds of grooves with that!!!

With per-clip-swing there could be an clip automation lane for this.
swing is just one simple groove... it does not come close to replicating all the grooves possible with a groove pool

I hope you can drag and drop those meta clips as one into your clip browser.

So for example you decompose a beat to 3 tracks: kick, snare ,hats.
And group that... what would be a meta clip.
And drag that to your clip folders/browser..

So when you dont got inspiraton :? you could always make beats etc... :D
I would get a big smile with that one. (already do if i look to those vid,s)

pdxindy wrote:
u-u-u wrote: At the moment swing can be controlled at the transport for all clips and can be toggled on/off per clip.
I think that's a good aproach. Probably we don't need a per track control because we can select multiple clips and edit them together in the inspector.

What I could imagine is that maybe they could extend that to individual per-clip-swing adjustment:
all in all the same principle as the track-to-clip-colour management:
-> by default all clips adopt the swing value from the transport. But there's something like a 'free' button and a knob/value/histogram which let's you define an clip-individual swing value.

Also always remember that you can automate the swing value on the master track. With that, Groove presets become needless as you can achieve all kinds of grooves with that!!!

With per-clip-swing there could be an clip automation lane for this.
swing is just one simple groove... it does not come close to replicating all the grooves possible with a groove pool
Yes... And the ability to swing match percussion to a humanized live track... A HUGE time saver, and can not be replicated with preset swing... It would be interesting if the team could extract the groove, and set it as a histogram template... Some interesting tweaks could come from that... But this would require time values as well as value scales in the histogram to make it truely useable... Oh I like that possibility... The swing (time) AND % values in a histogram layout for each clip/track.

codec17 wrote:I hope you can drag and drop those meta clips as one into your clip browser.

I like your thinking - I too hope that "grouping tracks - Bitwig style" will be more open and flexible, as suggested by doing groups within groups, for instance... I want more! I want FX sends to be able to be grouped too!!!!

More importantly, I want to be able to have the same "source" track be able to be selected to be in more than one group! This would be great if you could do with grouping FX sends - you could create various channel strips... Bitwig always takes things to a whole new level. They would take the whole group tracks thing and run with it.

Here's hoping! :wink:

codec17 wrote:I hope you can drag and drop those meta clips as one into your clip browser.

That sounds really cool, and could fit right in with situations where you've come up with a bit of a song that is bigger than a single item, but still ins't worth saving as a project. And you could preview the chunks in the browser.

Ogopogo wrote:

That sounds really cool, and could fit right in with situations where you've come up with a bit of a song that is bigger than a single item, but still ins't worth saving as a project. And you could preview the chunks in the browser.
Yeah exactly!!
My thing is always, save the clip(s) or save as a project??? :D
And coming soon with the new browser it should work fantastic that way! :party:
We,ll see... :pray: if not im sure they,ll implented it sooner or later!

marztecheque wrote:
codec17 wrote:

I like your thinking - I too hope that "grouping tracks - Bitwig style" will be more open and flexible, as suggested by doing groups within groups, for instance... I want more! I want FX sends to be able to be grouped too!!!!
+That on top of it!!! +1000. :o It would be totally awesome and flexible.
A man its getting better and better.. i just feel it that this all will come! :clown: :clown: :D :D :pray:
A voice whispering in my head all day long now... FXsends to be grouped, FX sends to be grouped... :love: :hihi:

Suloo wrote:can't you just create a clip and bounce that on a track with the hardware device?
Suloo - at the moment you have to arm another track and record the output of a track that has a Hardware Instrument. It would be nice to be able to use the bounce/bounce in place with a Hardware Instrument (and BWS would automatically do it in realtime, which is the only way with an external instrument).[/quote]

thx, works fine !

when u record (im new to BW) i noticed it records in loop and when i stop "THERE", it puts a line on the "THERE" and my clip is what so ?

is it superposed ? or layered or ? need help on this please.
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

yoLOLquote wrote:
Suloo wrote:can't you just create a clip and bounce that on a track with the hardware device?
Suloo - at the moment you have to arm another track and record the output of a track that has a Hardware Instrument. It would be nice to be able to use the bounce/bounce in place with a Hardware Instrument (and BWS would automatically do it in realtime, which is the only way with an external instrument).
thx, works fine !

when u record (im new to BW) i noticed it records in loop and when i stop "THERE", it puts a line on the "THERE" and my clip is what so ?

is it superposed ? or layered or ? need help on this please.
night life...

damn forums... :))
night life...

Return to “Bitwig”