Can't open great project!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wanted to go back and work on a project, but lo and behold, it crashes Bitwig every time I try and open it!
Any idea of what could be going wrong would be truly appreciated!

Do you have the latest version? I had this with some really old version. Otherwise send the project to tech support.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

Yeah. I even tried the 1.1.5 RC3. Still no luck. I'll send the project to support. But that worked for you?

remove bitwig completely, all caches and temp files, install new version 1.1.5, start bitwig without a third party plugin folder and sample folder, start session, check wich plugins you have used. Move them to a new folder, use that as you third party folder, if it still doesn't open, remove the plugins from that folder one by one to see wich one is causing the problem.

Provide more information about your system.

Im using window 7, intel i7 6GB system. Removed Bitwig, all caches, and temporary files. Installed 1.1.5, still crashes Bitwig. Disappointed, and nervous that it could happen to any project.

did you try opening it without your vst folder etc?

Yeah. When I reinstalled it pointed to a different vst folder that had none in it. It just shows that it's opening the project at the bottom, and after around 10 seconds Bigwig just disappears. No pop-up explanation or anything!

When you say "great" project, you mean big (with lot of vst and tracks) or fantastic?

If you start by opening Bitwig with another project then open that project, so the audio engine will not open on this project ...does Bitwig crash?

If no, you could duplicate your project (to keep a back up) and delete suspicious vst or track with weird/"complex" audio routing and check if those are the problem when you activate audio engine....

Not a Bitwig user (yet)...but when I encounter this priblem in Live, I manually import all tracks of that project into a new project...magically sometimes every trackimports ok, and I can continue to work on it. You may also find the track that's making it crash.
Dunno if you can import tracks from a project in it's browser to drag them in, like in live...but seeing the simularities with Live, I guess you can.

When I say great, I just mean that it's one of my favorites. I've tried opening it after another project, still crashes. And I've come from using Live so I know what PHY6 is talking about, but that's not possible in bitwig. So if bitwig doesn't have an answer, I'll just have to accept that it's gone, which I really hope it's not.

Return to “Bitwig”