Win 10 to be a free upgrade for Win 7/8 users

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chaosWyrM wrote:
fmr wrote: What the hell are you talking about? :dog:
what didnt you understand?

makes sense to me.
You forgot the part where the Earth will be invaded by the martians :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

This is Microsoft, they still have to sell this to the business world, the majority of their customer base

Everyone thought it was the end of the world with Win8 and to me its hardly different at all to win7,
just a few cosmetic and file location differences were all that changed my experience.

I dont understand the extreme negativity every time they release an upgraded OS.

Im looking forward to it :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:This is Microsoft, they still have to sell this to the business world, the majority of their customer base

Everyone thought it was the end of the world with Win8 and to me its hardly different at all to win7,
just a few cosmetic and file location differences were all that changed my experience.

I dont understand the extreme negativity every time they release an upgraded OS.

Im looking forward to it :)
Windows 8 is perceived, by some, as being just as slow and as clunky as the dreaded Vista. I have never had any issue with vista nor 8 and I am looking forward to trying 10 out here. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I don't think there was much negativity about Windows 7 except those still milking XP . Vista came out before ram got cheap and most cheap laptops sucked butt running vista due to not enough ram . Windows 8 sucked because they have the Start Screen now instead of start menu and misplaced some other crap . 8.1 still didn't do much better . I will say some nice things now Windows 8.1 with an SSD boots way fast, faster than 7 and seems snappy . Vista had cool eye candy . I'm looking forward to Windows10 that's when I'll assemble a new machine .

Only Vista sucked butt for me

I really don't get the gripe about win8 Metro when it boots, I just hit 'win key + d' and I'm in familiar Windows land, not really a work flow killer

fmr wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
fmr wrote: What the hell are you talking about? :dog:
what didnt you understand?

makes sense to me.
You forgot the part where the Earth will be invaded by the martians :hihi:
i didnt forget anything...i didnt write that.
ImageImageImage

Let's not forget Windows ME while were hating on MS. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:Let's not forget Windows ME while were hating on MS. ;)
We have :)
But it was here and gone in a flash and some weird derivative of 98

Who cares

plundertown; Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm
Re: facebook
Nice news about the free windows ten upgrade for 7 and 8.1 users, or will it mean a lot more vsti updates and re installations as well?

Questions at this point:

1) When will Win10 be released?
2) where to get the ISO's? And can we "install" from scratch rather than "upgrade" out of the OS?
3) what is the new activation mechanism?
4) Will we be forced to go a similar route like Apple's OSX with a shop (to even get the ISO) and sandbox validation system from now on?

Apparently, Win7's support goes way into 2020's. But I don't think that host providers stick with Win7. I am actually surprised that Steinberg didn't insist on using as bar minimum Win8.x yet. I guess they will once Win10 hits.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

June is when new consumer PCs will have it preinstalled.

Summer confirmed.

Now this is interesting. They talk about 50% increase in hardware performance as well as a yearly subscription fee. Hrm.

I may just mod my start bar to look like Win10 and call it good.

Win 10 what?

:hihi:

arkmabat wrote:Summer confirmed.

Now this is interesting. They talk about 50% increase in hardware performance as well as a yearly subscription fee. Hrm.

I may just mod my start bar to look like Win10 and call it good.
I doubt about Summer - there's still too much to do, and they slowed down, apparently. I think it will be more like the Fall, when schools will reopen.

Where did you read about yearly subscriptions?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”