Problems with BC Patchworks, Nora or Kirnu Cream, Ableton Live and midi channels

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried to get this setting to work, but it doesn't work:

in ableton live i have one track with the squaredheads nora2 arpeggio plugin. this plugin can create different arps and send it to different midi-channels.

on another track i have bc patchworks with 2 chains of vst-synths, each one's midi out is set to a different midi input channel (one to channel 1, the other to channel 2).

but it's not working...

i have used this kind of setting because of that you cannot change the midi input channel if your midi input is coming from a plugin like nora or kirnu cream.. (same problems are with bitwig too).
in cubase or studio one i can select the desired midi channel..

my hope was that i can use bluecat patchwork to solve my problems.. but with no success..

any ideas? perhaps i have misunderstood something?
thanks in advance
Andreas

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I am not sure I get it, though. Can you maybe post a few screenshots to illustrate what you are doing?

If I understand well you would like to use PatchWork to filter the incoming MIDI message by channel, that's right?

What does exactly happen when you say "it does not work"?

i will try to describe it:

on one track i have the nora arp plugin. in this plugin you can create different arpeggios and route them to different midi channels.

eg. in studio one you can create now to additional Midi tracks with different synths, set the midi input from nora and the incoming midi channel (synth 1 = channel 1, synth 2 = channel 2)

in ableton and bitwig you can't do this. if you set the midi input to the midiplugin (nora), you can't set the midi input channel...

therefore i tried to solve this with patchwork:

nora on one track (see above)
and on the second track your patchwork plugin. in this plugin i create two synth instances with different midi input channels. and this is not working.. the different arpeggios are not playing...
Last edited by andreasg on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do you have the same problem if not filtering the channels, or if you are inserting the plug-in directly without using PatchWork? Have you made sure that monitoring in on on the track that sends the MIDI events? Also, are you using the synth version of the PatchWork plug-in?

By the way, you may actually want to insert your arpegiator directly into the PatchWork plug-in to simplify routing (you could recall the preset directly from any DAW without having to deal with external MIDI routing).

Blue Cat, if you have some question about Nora In/Out I'll have an eye on this thread to collaborate with you in case you need it.

it works now!

in ableton i have added bc patchworks on a midi track.

in patchworks i have added nora-vst, midi out to port A in the pre-area
and in the parallel chains area are my synths (midi input port A with different channels)

Great! Thanks for telling us!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”